Worried about blood? Please answer - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Worried about blood? Please answer

Blood constipation gas mucus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lucy998

Lucy998

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:14 PM

Advertisement
I know I post a lot, but I have bad anxiety and nobody seems to believe me. When I go to the bathroom there is always tiny tiny specks of red and bright red. I don't really eat anything red, except for red grapes (but they're more darker red, maybe some lighter red). There isn't any streaks of blood in the toilet water or anything, but there is red tiny tiny dots all over. I do eat lots of fiber, but I'm super worried it's blood. But if it was blood wouldn't it be more streaked then just tiny tiny dots? And wouldn't it be a more darker red since it would blend in with the stool? Can someone please share their opinion on what they think this could be? I'm very worried I have colon cancer or something. I also have mucus pretty much every time I go. It's not a ton, but it's definitely there. My symptoms have been happening for 6 and a half months for now, I have no weight loss, cramping, random bouts of bad gas, bloating. I go to the bathroom once everyday, so no constipstion or diahreah. And I'm 17 by the way

#2 EJ Marie

EJ Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:48 PM

Mucous usually means some bowel irritation is going on, it's common with IBS and other GI issues. The red bits could be undigested parts of the grapes. To be on the safe side ask your doctor for a fecal occult blood test. It tests your stools for hidden blood (as well as frank blood).

#3 Lucy998

Lucy998

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 01:22 AM

Next time I go to the doctor I am definitely asking for a fecal occult blood test, but I don't have an appointment for a few weeks. I know I'm going to constantly worry about it. Another thing that worries me is my symptoms aren't even bad at all, like I don't even have constipstion anymore. But, I do eat lots of fiber and don't really eat any processed foods or GMO foods and limit dairy and stuff like that. I've had a CT scan, but that was months ago, which didn't show anything bad. And about the bowel irritation, why would I be having irritation if I don't have constipstion or anything? Could it just be irritated because of all the fiber and things I eat?

#4 EJ Marie

EJ Marie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 October 2016 - 04:24 PM

Could be irritation from diet or sometimes it's the body's response to stress. Constipation is not really my problem so can't give you much advice there. Almost all of my tests have come back normal, yet here I am with diagnosis of IBS. My doctor told me sometimes there is no good explanation causing symptoms and so you have to do a trial and error type of deal to find what's best for your own body. It's good that you don't seem to have other symptoms, maybe the anxiety is your trigger, hope you find answers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Blood, constipation, gas, mucus

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here