Small amount of blood?...so confused! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Small amount of blood?...so confused!

blood IBS small amounts bleeding

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MrsT15

MrsT15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:54 AM

Advertisement

Hi there,

So I've noticed a couples times (inconsistently) I will get these tiny tiny smaller than a pinhead (most times) of red (what I'm assuming to be blood) Is this something I should be concerned about? Last time I went to the GI nurse, she suggested a flex sig but I was pregnant at the time and wasn't able to get it. Now that I have tons of bills adding up from my miscarriage, financially I'm struggling to force myself to going to get this flex sig, I just don't know that I can afford it right now. Should I be concerned though? Other than the tiny specs of red blood, I am feeling pretty good. I have some bladder pressure here and there, not sure if that's connected or not. 

I'm female 32, have no family history of colon cancer, but my dad did get some polyps removed in his 50's. 

What should I be watching for? Should I be concerned now? I'm struggling with this nagging feeling to go back to the GI doctor, but financially it's going to be really hard on us, so if I don't need to be worried, that would be the best!!!

Thanks!!

• Patrick ibs c likes this

#2 Lucy998

Lucy998

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 05:25 PM

are you sure its blood and not something you eat? because i dont see how blood could be on your stool that small but be noticeable. Usually if there is blood in that small amount you can't see it because it would mix with the stool,creating more "streaks" of maroonish/ darker red. You could always get a fecal occult blood test to just make sure if it is or isn't blood. do you eat anything that is reddish at all?

• MrsT15 likes this

#3 Pattijean

Pattijean

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:31 PM

Hi, sometimes the small amounts of blood can be due to internal hemorrhoids.   I'm sorry about your miscarriage.  While blood is always something to be suspicious of, I have had it, too, and my GI doc, given my history, has not been worried.  But then again I cannot have a flex sig due to the craziest colon ever (very twisted....and that is despite having over 1/3 of it removed!!)  I would say keep watching it, see if it is related to food as one of the other responders has said.  That would account for the inconsistency.  So keep a diary to take to the GI nurse. 

• MrsT15 likes this

#4 Patrick ibs c

Patrick ibs c

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:58 AM

yep bleeding like that can be serious

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: blood, IBS, small amounts, bleeding

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here