feeling faint and weak all the time. - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

feeling faint and weak all the time.

IBS-D b12 deficiency IBD weak dizzy muscle loss weight loss right sided pain

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AspieBen79

AspieBen79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 November 2016 - 03:39 PM

Advertisement
Hey guys and girls. Im new to the site and just wanted to share my symptoms and see if they are similar to anyone else, im pretty scared at this point.

So, where do u start?... well unto known to me (i never knew tbe definition of diahrrea) ive suffered with chronic diarrhea for around 6 years. Always went more than 3 times a day and never knew that was abnormal. Always had a big swollen belly and not alot of muscle or body fat anywhere else snd just put it down to beer.

Until around 2 years ago i noticed i was starting to go more and more regularly and food seem to be passing straight through me. My body didnt seem to be absorbing anything anymore. I was tired all the time and getting out of breath easily.

Drs didnt do anything. Gradually got worse and worse, and started noticing slowly over the next year that i was becoming weaker and weaker. My heartburn got worse and worse and my belly was permanently swollen like i was 9 months pregnant. Drs still did nothing much, coeliac test (negative) usual complete blood test (all so say normal).

At this point i still didnt think i had diarrhea as i thought that was when you had the watery runs. Didnt know it also included frequency; and so i never mentioned it to any drs.

Fast forward to now and im regularly going to the toilet anything upto 6 times a day, mostly all very large formed stools (if a bit furry edged). Most times most of my BM are in the morning. I have known to go upto 5 times before lunch time (1pm).

Im also getting more and more fatigued and weak as the days go on. Ive lost around a stone (14lbs) over the last 6 weeks. I get quite dizzy after a large BM and also in late afternoon around 530pm everyday. I get lower right abdominal pain around under the ribs everyday aswell. Sort of like a gnawing, burrowing pain. Nausea all the time and joint tightness and pain.

Strangely im also getting slight edema dents or maybe lack of elasticity in my skin aswell. Could i be dehydrated from the D? I try to drink the recommended amount of water but every day i try to keep that up im pee'ing all the time, like literally 10 times a day - anybody else get this?

Im petrified coz i been told weight loss and weakness isnt a symptom of IBS. Doctor is ordering a colonoscopy and stool test but personally he doesn't think he'll find anything. Any ideas? Possible IBD?

#2 Noca

Noca

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 05:10 PM

I have severe pi-IBS-D from a rare bacterial infection(not c.diff) and I go like 8+ times a day.  I am on an all liquid diet because solid food just passes through me undigested.  I always feel weak, constantly bloated 9 months pregnant(I am a male) feeling like I am going to puke my guts out most of the time.  I was given Cholestyramine to help but it isn't helping anymore and I am getting worse and worse.  Even before the diarhhea became severe I never absorbed the nutrients from my food.  At one point I had been consuming 4000+ calories a day for over 6 months straight, some days up to 5000 cals and never made it past 134lbs 5'11", so despite it being obvious that something was wrong, doctor's never so much as acknowledged that was abnormal let alone did anything to help.  My digestive tract is pretty much a total failure at this point.  I am so screwed.  I've been referred to a medical marijuana clinic to see if that will give me any relief, but I don't really have any hope at this point.  Last solid piece of food I had was in June 2015, and the last raw green vegetable I was able to digest was 4 years ago now.  

Colonscopies never showed any Crohn's, colitis or any inflammation whatsoever despite my bowels producing so much mucous and being so ill.  I never had any blood in my stools either and I was negative for celiac.

#3 Maria S.

Maria S.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

I have severe pi-IBS-D from a rare bacterial infection(not c.diff) and I go like 8+ times a day.  I am on an all liquid diet because solid food just passes through me undigested.  I always feel weak, constantly bloated 9 months pregnant(I am a male) feeling like I am going to puke my guts out most of the time.  I was given Cholestyramine to help but it isn't helping anymore and I am getting worse and worse.  Even before the diarhhea became severe I never absorbed the nutrients from my food.  At one point I had been consuming 4000+ calories a day for over 6 months straight, some days up to 5000 cals and never made it past 134lbs 5'11", so despite it being obvious that something was wrong, doctor's never so much as acknowledged that was abnormal let alone did anything to help.  My digestive tract is pretty much a total failure at this point.  I am so screwed.  I've been referred to a medical marijuana clinic to see if that will give me any relief, but I don't really have any hope at this point.  Last solid piece of food I had was in June 2015, and the last raw green vegetable I was able to digest was 4 years ago now.  

Colonscopies never showed any Crohn's, colitis or any inflammation whatsoever despite my bowels producing so much mucous and being so ill.  I never had any blood in my stools either and I was negative for celiac.

Have you checked your pancreas and your liver?and generally the upper abdominal area?

#4 terrykeithsmom

terrykeithsmom

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

You sound a lot like me.  What is helping me right now is a product called Seacure (look it up, it is predigested fish) and the Karen Hurd bean diet.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-D, b12 deficiency, IBD, weak, dizzy, muscle loss, weight loss, right sided pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here