I am so scared - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

I am so scared

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Prolific Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 05 November 2001 - 03:51 AM

Advertisement
Also posted in young adults issues:Hello everyone. I jsut discovered this website tonight, for the first time. I am hoping to find some advice, and perhaps comfort, in this online community. Reading some of the messages posted here, I feel so much better to know that I am not alone. I would appreciate it if you would take the time to listen to me, and perhaps respond.When I was ten years old I had a terrible episode of a bowel problem. It lasted for ten terrible months. It was diarhea, cramps, cramps from h*ll. It was terrible! I felt like a needed to go all the time. I lost most of my wight. I went to the local hospital, where I was ridiculed by doctors, and told that I had the stomach flu. After it lasted for a couple of months, they soon realized that I had something else. Many tests were run, some worse than others. They all came back normal. I had no deadly illnesses, or anything else of that sort. Many doctors suggested IBS, but I was too afraid of what that might be like, to come to terms with it. I had some terrible tests, and then, miraculously, after ten months, it went away.I was so happy! I moved on with my life. I went to high school, and made the honour roll, and got a job, as well. Now, at age 15, everything seems to be going just right... until yesterday. For the past week or so, I have felt nauseated. I wrote it off as the stomach flu, but yesterday it turned much worse. I spent 45 minutes on the toilet at work. I missed work the entire weekend. I will end up missing school. The pain has not gone away. I have nothing but cramps. I have a constant feeling of needing to "go," but when I do, I feel no relief. This has been going on for a couple of days now. It is just like what I had when I was younger.Thinking I had the flu, I went off of soid foods, so my stomach is nearly empty. In a couple days I will be meeting with my doctor. I am so scared!!! I don't know what to do! I spent an hour or so crying. I don't know how I will be able to live my life the same as before! I remember when I was ten, having "attacks", where I would rush to the toilet, and spend 1/2 an hour or so in there, in agony. I feel just like that, only instead of lasting 1/2 an hour, its lasting days! I feel no relief, even though my bowels are so empty, all I have is gas!My doctor and parent are still hopeful that this is the flu, but I know it isn't. I can differentiate the pain, and I know that this is the same as when I was younger, if not worse.Does anyone have any tips for this? any idea how long these days-long episodes last? how long IBS terms last?It helps to know that other people like me are out there. I am so scared, that I am crying right now. Please respond. Thank you very, very much.

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here