Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

white lumps? i'm panicking?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Trudyg 
#1 ·
I've had alternating symptoms of IBS for over a year now, I'm 17. I went to the bathroom before and it was relatively normal but there were white lumps pretty much embedded in the stool. It's not possible for me to have worms/anything parasitic, as I've done nothing that could have exposed me, so I'm wondering if this could be mucus or a calcium deposit, or something to worry about that I should get checked in the very near future. I don't know whether this could impact it, but I'm also on my period at the moment.

Thanks and sorry this isnt too pleasant

#2 ·
Anyone can get parasites, so don't think you can't get them. Other than that, what had you eaten for a week or so prior? You know how you can see corn kernels in stool if it wasn't chewed very well? You can also see this with nuts/seeds/tomato skins and more. Have you seen this again? I'd be sure to chew really well and then keep an eye on things. If you know for a fact that you didn't eat anything that could be lumps like that, then you may need to see a doctor (that's always my last choice). As a teen, you probably eat foods that everyone else is eating and could be eating too fast. Make a mental note of what you've eaten that could cause this and see if you can't figure it out. You could then do a test --eat that and see what comes out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.