CHANGE IN BOWEL HABITS? I AM FREAKING OUT - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

CHANGE IN BOWEL HABITS? I AM FREAKING OUT

CHANGE IN BMS MUCUS NOT A LOT OF PAIN

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mlarosa84

mlarosa84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:17 AM

Advertisement

Hello everyone! I am really afraid and freaking out. I am not sure if this is IBS or something far worse. In March I was diagnosed with a fatty liver. I had a CT Scan and MRI to confirm this along with two CBC blood tests and an extra liver panel. The blood work came back ok aside from the liver enzymes being slightly elevated. I am noticing a change, or what I think is a change in bowel habits...I usually go in the morning when I wake up and that is it for the day, but on Tuesday I went a second time in the afternoon. That one was soft formed pieces that almost just fell out of me. I never go at that time. Earlier that morning, I went at my normal time and it was short hard pieces with mucus on it. Yesterday and today I havent gone at all. I am so scared its cancer. My CT in March said "no bowel obstruction or wall thickening": I have been seeing a Psychiatrist and am on Seroquel Lexapro and Klonopin. 

#2 StevieO

StevieO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:00 AM

Cancer? Don't freak out that much.

Fatty liver is okay. A lot of people have it and it's due to your diet. I used to have a little more a few years ago..I lost weight and exercised daily and it's better. It's harmless, unless you eat a ton of red meat and drink a lot of alcohol for the next 10-15 years.

Irregular bowel habits and mucus are part of IBS. So is this thing you mentioned: " ...That one was soft formed pieces that almost just fell out of me." This could also be due to something you ate with a ton of fiber in it. It's nothing to freak out about.

For a while- say a month, avoid foods you know you're sensitive to. If you don't know, then observe after you eat a few things. The most common culprits are wheat and dairy.

See a gastro if needed.

#3 mlarosa84

mlarosa84

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:23 AM

I have seen a Gastro. He did a rectal and said there was no blood.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CHANGE IN BMS, MUCUS, NOT A LOT OF PAIN

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here