Pain after eating fat. Sibo, low stomach acid? - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Pain after eating fat. Sibo, low stomach acid?

sibo low stomach acid acid

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 olijobo

olijobo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:06 AM

Advertisement

I've noticed that after I eat most fats I get bad stomach pain and nausea.  I can cook with coconut oil or olive and be just fine.  When I cook with ghee I get bad stomach pain, high in fat.  If I cook with cheap butter, no stomach pain.  If I eat pasture raised eggs or grass fed beef I get bad stomach pain, no pain with the cheaper eggs and meats.  Pasture raised eggs and grass fed beef are higher in fat.

I use to get pain after all red meat consumed, but know just higher fat meals.  Anyone else experience this?  Could this be related to low stomach acid or Sibo?

#2 thebigboo

thebigboo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:26 PM

Hey there, you may want to check your gallbladder. The foods you list were my triggers - I had to have my gallbladder removed and it got better. Otherwise, higher fat items do cause IBS symptoms pretty universally.

#3 everything

everything

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Low stomach acid you might see undigested food in stool, SIBO, you should experience more gas/bloating and fermentation in your gut.  Their are GB/liver flushes you can do, but they are not for the faint of heart.  In general, trouble digesting fats is a sign of liver congestion/poor bile flow, especially if the fats are not digesting well either.  But, if the pain comes on strong, that can be the gallbladder muscle contracting and if it has sludge/gallstones it then it cannot contract fully which is what it wants to do with a full meal in order to provide the needed bile to digest the meal properly.

#4 Akn1965

Akn1965

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:01 PM

I think about low stomach acid. I also can't digest fat.I feel some fats are there in my stool.But I have burning sensation in my stomach when it is empty so I am confused whether it is low stomach acid or not.I have my right side abdominal pain. The pain depends on diet I have taken.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sibo, low stomach acid, acid

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here