Looking for advice - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Looking for advice

diarrhea cramping pain urgency

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Flowergirl986

Flowergirl986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:21 PM

Advertisement

First time here, looking for a bit of advice.  I have had IBS for about six years now; daily diarrhea, cramping, urgency, etc.  Normally I manage it with diet and up to eight Imodium per day.  This week I have been experiencing a very bad bout with super watery stool, very painful cramping, and extreme urgency.  This has been happening for four days now, without any sign of improvement.  Imodium is doing nothing (taking eight a day), I have switched to an extremely bland diet with no triggers what so ever, nothing seems to be helping.  I had a c. dif infection a few years ago, and this feels about that bad.  I have not been on antibiotics, so it shouldn't be a recurrence of that.  I don't want to go to urgent care just to have them send me home, but I am starting to get concerned.  Has anyone had a similar experience to this?  Did it improve on it's own?  I have been under a fair amount of stress, so it could be stress related?  Any input, other than just "see a doctor", is appreciated. 

Thank you! smile.png

#2 rawfoodvegan

rawfoodvegan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 08:54 PM

i went vegan 23 years ago and have been self reading about nutrition and natural healing ever since . its become my opinion that our diets from birth full of processed foods , and way too much cooked and thusly not very nutricious foods along with not enough raw plant foods has SERIOUSLY DAMAGED EVERY PERSON IN THIS SOCIETYS GI TRACT ! in process seriously shortening the number of years we exist in a state of prime health , while also causing our life spans to be way shorter than possible . yes ive debated this forever with people that have been programed by the tv controled by big food companys to disagree with me and see the standard american diet as very good but i guarantee its very bad but the government whom allowed it to happen and the big food companys whom make big huge coin off it are in total control of the tv / media and wont allow my contrary opinion to be pushed at a gung ho level . but its just a matter of time before the truth is obvious . i say all this to put in your mind that its the diet you were raised on that seriously sickend yours and millions of others gi tracts and just reverting to a bland diet is not enough to put your tract in the state it needs to heal . you have to grasp your tract is not gonna heal via meds , or while eating anywhere near how you grew up eating . and that the way to heal tract is a diet mostly of raw plant foods straight from earth with a whole bunch of them being in liquid form . and before i say this i add ive done entire years of 100% raw veganism and water fast up to 10 days and juice fasts up to 30 while doing outdoor physical labor for work plus biking / running / lifting during all of it . yes at first it was tough but most of that is mental and when you keep working at it youll discover that yes you can easily function on a mostly liquid diet and actually with stomach issues function better as the tract doesnt have to break down solid foods which takes energy plus rubs against the already tender tract tissue . and what i suggest is a VERY RICH MOSTLY RAW PLANT LIQUID DIET with solid foods only steamed vegi and raw fruits . the important part here is the liquids have to be home made seed milks such as sesame - sun seed - almond to provide energy bringing protein and healthy fats . im talking about grinding at least 2 cups per day of seed into powder that you add water to then strain to make over a quart of protein and fat rich super food to give you stength all day , a bananas a good add to these milks . you cant skimp on these milks as thats where your strength shall come from . the next very important thing is getting all kinds of raw chia seed into your diet as another important protein / enery source that provides strength while not being to be broke down by the tract allowing it to rest . i do a heaping tbsp in large coffee cup full of water many times per day and it expands in tract providing a full feeling while also being such a great super food that also provides strength . i cant emphasize enough the importance of the seed milks plus the chia water . check out pinterest ' chia water ' and you'll see how its growing in popularity . and that its very capable of replacing your heavy fuel cooked foods as a strength source , the ancients used it as a super food bar none . long distance runners ate only raw chia to run all day to next cities . another thing you might like is juicing stuff feels good in tract such as for me is for one fresh tomatoes , a very hearty raw juice . i make it in big soup pot with potato masher and water which i then strain thru fine metal mesh strainer as to me if put thru a high speed juicer it ruins taste . and obviously theres whatever fruits you like to juice . and as you see by my member name here i believe in the powers of raw plants , and i'll never quit that stand as they are the only things than can bring ultimate health and healing , andbody says different is wrong and lost as our cells need a diet of at minimum over 50% raw plants or are headed for disease . ok good luck flowergirl x 1,000,00 ! i'll bring back some links to more clearly explain my veiwpoints . 

#3 rawfoodvegan

rawfoodvegan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

back 1993 i started self reading about nutrition and natural healing , after about a decade i came to seriously respect the opinion of the late raw foodist norman walker . here belows a quote from him explaining our cells need for raw plants . after quote i further spoke on my angle of what walker believed on my vegan page at facebook . i'll bring a link to one of walkers books , my fave book ive ever read :

IMO NOBODY HAS EVER PUT DIET IN MORE PROPER TERMS THAN THE LATE RAW FOODIST NORMAN WALKER :

'' Human nature is all too often obstinate and stubborn, refusing to be confused by facts, and is traditionally oblivious or heedless to experience, and to good judgement.

It seems incomprehensible that supposedly intelligent people can become victimized by claims and statements conceived to misinform and to misguide.

Nature has provided man with all the basic means with which to build his body from birth to old age to a state of maximum health, which includes the joy of living with abundant energy, vigor and vitality, and a happy long span of life.

These basic means are few, and they are physically represented in our natural foods, first and foremost.

The secret of achieving an abundant life consists of proper nourishment, coupled with sufficient rest and the control of emotions. Actually, this is no secret at all!

This past century has spawned a vast number of research, manufacturing and marketing organizations whose sole aim is the profit to be derived from a perversion of natural foods cheaply manufactured and sold at the highest price that traffic will bear.

The uninformed gullible public, unaware of what constitutes basic, natural, correct nutrition, has accepted sales indoctrination and misinformation, and buys its food blindly, utterly unaware of the fact that instead of nourishing the body constructively, such food may actually cause a chain reaction of degenerating processes. This has resulted in our Nation having become the best fed, yet the most undernourished, ailing and sick Nation this world has ever known. ''

more :
'' Enzymes form the fundamental basis of nutrition, they should have our first consideration in the choice of our food. Enzymes are not substances which man can create, nor are they capable of being synthesized for use as supplements for constructive purposes.

Enzymes are the life-principle in every live, organic atom and molecule, whether such atoms compose vegetation or are the atoms and molecules in the constitution of the human and animal bodies. ''

more :
'' Is it not intelligent, rational, discerning and wise to consider and to conclude that the regeneration and replenishment of the life in your body must essentially come from the LIFE inherent in the food you eat? That the LIFE present in such nutrition has the property and the ability to regenerate and to revitalize the LIFE within the cells and tissues of your body, daily and constantly?

How can one eat LIFE? Natural foods, in their natural raw state contain life in the atoms and molecules composing them. Such atomic LIFE is classified as ENZYMES.

Food which is replete with Enzymes and which has been grown on properly prepared soil, is organic food. Food in which Enzymes have been destroyed by excessive heat is INorganic. ''

back 1993/94 when i went vegan i started reading about nutrition & natural healing methods . i read thru hundreds of opinions / books of those in these fields . a decade later when the dust cleared i ended up believing in norman walker . i believe in his outlook about our cells need for the enzymes / live atoms in raw plant foods . but many use the word enzymes differently so ive come to use my own term / description , which is that '' raw plants hold STAR LIGHT (in the specific case of earth sun light) which is essential for our cells to function at their most efficient energy burning levels , the star light being needed by our cells in order to effectively burn up the substances we ingest and convert them into energy and or cellular building blocks . raw plant foods being like dry logs on a fire that make the fire burn hotter and brighter . where as heated plant foods which have had the star light in them destroyed burn like wet logs that cause our cell fires to smolder ending up in a body state of a very high level of waste product which becomes cell and tissue fouling toxic pollution and eventually leads to an entire spectrum of diseases as it weakens and suffocates our cells " . norman walker knew what he was talking about , and the sad thing is he was saying this back 50+ years ago but those in power ignored this opinion and still steered us into eating a what is now obviously very unhealthy processed and high percentage of cooked food diet which they are still pushing on this society . which to me has become criminal behavior on their part !

#4 rawfoodvegan

rawfoodvegan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

notice the reviews , i guarantee walker knew what he was talking about but got blown out of the water by big food companies , cattle ranchers and the government :

https://www.amazon.c...nd fruit juices

#5 rawfoodvegan

rawfoodvegan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:20 PM

chia water at pinterest : 

https://www.pinteres...s|autocomplete|

#6 Hatemybowels!

Hatemybowels!

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 09:29 PM

If you're having more than three episodes of watery D, cramps, etc., for more than a few days in a row, perhaps it's a virus or infection of some sort and not an IBS flare. I had C diff three times a few years ago myself, and my bowels haven't been the same since. Have you tried Pepto Bismol? I use it on occasion. How about probiotics? I take Florastor. I know the above poster mentioned an all veggie diet, but that is the worst thing for my gut! If it helps others, then great, but I'm not sure I would do it if I were you, considering your current symptoms. I've had IBS for a long time but I used to know what would cause a flare. After C Diff I never know what's going to send me running to the toilet. Anyway, I know you don't want to hear see a doc, but if it continues I think you should. C Diff is becoming more common in the community so just be aware. My mind always goes to C Diff when I get watery D, but I have PTSD from it. I would try the BRAT diet and see if it helps. Drink plenty of fluids so you don't get dehydrated. Keep us posted.
  • Flowergirl986 likes this

#7 Flowergirl986

Flowergirl986

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:04 PM

An all veggie diet is a very bad idea for me. sad.png  I won't be trying that one anytime soon. 

The c. dif is a concern for me.  If I am honest, I was probably hoping that someone would post a plausible answer other than that, just so I could cross it off my list of worries. wink.png  If I am not feeling better by Monday I will break down and see my doctor.

Thank you! biggrin.png

#8 Hatemybowels!

Hatemybowels!

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Don't panic! It could just be a bout of gastroenteritis or even IBS. Some days I'll have a bout or two of watery D. I understand the fear of C Diff because I get it too like I said. I had it while undergoing chemo for breast cancer and the C Diff scared me the most!! Hang in there!
  • Flowergirl986 likes this

#9 Cutecake90

Cutecake90

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 12:31 PM

For four years I have been gluten and dairy free, but still having daily diarrhea even though the cramping had gone down to only once in a while and mostly when I'm on my period does it get much much worse. Recently I starting putting dairy free wheat back in my diet and I'm improving then I decided to eat a salad with only grilled chicken, avocado and red wine vignette for lunch. 20 minutes later I was having bathroom issues and got a headache. I checked the salad dressing and  what I have come to realize is that xanthan gum is my trigger. That's why I can't eat dayia vegan cheese without instantly going to the bathroom and feeling like I'm going to die from the nausea and headaches. If you look up the root of what those gums they stick in food are it's pretty gross and makes so much sense why this could be some of our issues.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diarrhea, cramping, pain, urgency

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here