Leaky Gas Knocked OUT & my whole story - Page 21 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Leaky Gas Knocked OUT & my whole story

leaky gas leak anal anal gas rectum incontinence fecal incontinence cure for gas leak

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#401 Mariano

Mariano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 May 2019 - 10:25 PM

Update, big update. I´ll try to make it short and simple. Last weekend smell and gas incontinence came back, after a session of mountain bike of 6 hours, but also got worse a pain i always had, a pain that started almost at the same time as my smell problem, a pain in my right leg, and the ass, rectum. That pain got better after prolonged time in bed, but started to get worse and worse as i elevated my mountain bike training intensity. 

This Monday i managed to get an appointment with a kinesiologist on the same day, i was still smelling bad so i apologized and explained about my problems, my pain in the leg and ass. He just asked me to lay face down on the floor, he palpated really hard all my butt, asked me to turn face up and did some rotations movements, extensions, etc. with bot of my legs. Then he started to focus on my right leg, some stretches i never did, and a little of strength exercises. Next day i was feeling awesome again, the pain was tolerable, and again zero smell and gas incontinence. 

What he told me i have? Piriformis syndrome, both of my piriformis muscle were hard and contracted almost like a ball, messing with my nerves, specially sciatic and pudendal, why squats and kettlebell swings worked so well with me? Because in the way i did them somehow i stretched that muscle and engaged the other muscles letting the piriformis "rest". Yesterday i saw him again, measured my leg range movements and said that both of my piriformis are abnormally short as the lateral rotation of the legs are extremely limited. 

By the way, prior to that i got removed the sns device, i wasn´t using it, and i never liked having that kind of things in my body. I want to do an mri focused on the gluteal muscles and nerves to see if the doctors can see anything unusual related to the the piriformis.

So, on the bad side, no more mountain bike for me, at least not for serious. And no, i didn´t develop this with mountain bike since the symptoms and limited mobility (i always had problems with that rotations in sports like soccer, i was hard as a tree) were present before. 

piriformis-sciatic-nerve-anatomy.png

https://boneandspine...ormis-syndrome/

#402 Montesanto

Montesanto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 May 2019 - 02:50 PM

Hi Mariano, could you tell more about why you removed the SNS? It wasnt working or was it giving you trouble? Im thinking about getting it. Thanks a lot

#403 hopefulperson

hopefulperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 May 2019 - 08:14 PM

montesanto, the sns implant is more for pain management, it has not much to do in terms of controlling nerves and muscles. The vibrations rock the nerves sending feel good medication to the area directly. So if youre like me and have a desire to get it to control your pelvic floor it will have little to no effect in that manner.

#404 Mariano

Mariano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 08 May 2019 - 10:32 AM

Hi Mariano, could you tell more about why you removed the SNS? It wasnt working or was it giving you trouble? Im thinking about getting it. Thanks a lot

I wasn´t using it, i got him because i messed up with the exercises being lazy, doing them in the wrong days, skipping days, even weeks, so when i had that relapse i went for the implant, it worked. And yes, it´s indicated for urinary and fecal incontinence so it´s an option for almost everyone. The trial phase is not that expensive, depending the country of course, and can be done without major inconveniences by most, the trial phase will not lie, if it works it works, if it doesn´t it doesn´t, the effects are immediate,at most can take 2 or 3 days to be noted. 

I removed it because i can´t do MRI with it (i wan´t to see my piriformis and all that area) and i hated going around with a remote in my pocket, and since eventually i resumed the exercises and i did them correctly, not skipping days and never to the point of extenuation and also i started to take it more easy with my job so i guess that helped too and back to normal. Like i said, i have relapses when i do activities that are too aggressive to the butt area (no jokes). 

https://www.neuromod...al_incontinence

EDIT There are a lot of tests that i never did, my docs never mentioned it and i never read about them here (at least i don´t remember), electromyography of anal sphincters, there are a lot of variants and different names so you will have to google it if you are interested, pudendal nerve motor latency test, etc. 

#405 rageagainstitall

rageagainstitall

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2019 - 02:58 PM

I'm not saying this to anyone in particular, just confirming some things.

1. We're all anxious & on high alert.

"Imagine anxiety on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 is relaxation and 10 is complete and utter terror. People that undergo traumatic events or experience severe anxiety experience a raised baseline, which is when they can never get their number down to 1, 2, or 3. In a way, they are always living with an anxiety of 6, 7, or 8 on the scale.

Because the body is so adaptive, it adjusts to match that baseline. That means when you're experiencing a 6, 7, or 8 on the anxiety scale - which would normally signify a considerable amount of anxiety - they feel as though they're actually relaxed. Their mind has adjusted to reduce anxiety symptoms at this level." https://www.calmclin...y/causes/noises

2. At least in my case, I've held my external sphincter muscle tight for the past 12 years, so much so that the gas leaks out b/c the muscle's lost its power. Since it was always tight, when the gas came, it wasn't strong enough to stop it. It didn't even recognize it b/c it was on high alert at all times. The only time I let my sphincter rest was at night when I was asleep, & then and only then, didn't I leak any gas.

3. Like Poker Face has already said deep breathing & meditation will help you relax that sphincter muscle. You'll instantly know the difference when you let go of it.

4. We need to rebuild the external sphincter muscle through exercise, & we need to shrink the amygdala (our anxiety/fear center). I'm trying mindfulness, meditation, & yoga b/c there's scientific evidence from numerous sources that confirms that in 8 weeks the amygdala can and will shrink.

I'm including links to some simple exercises, and the mindfulness research. It's really quite fascinating. <3 May we all recover soon!

https://blogs.scient...ain/?redirect=1

https://www.calmclin...y/causes/noises

https://www.wikihow....phincter-Muscle

https://www.uhb.nhs....rolProblems.pdf

#406 Mariano

Mariano

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2019 - 11:07 PM

Confirmed, nerve problems, and Pokerface exercises affects it directly, my doc told me to continue exercising, and i have to avoid a specific position while doing bicycle, sleeping, etc. that´s why i had the relapses. A surgery can be made but is not worthy, my quality of life is great, i just have to take care avoiding that position. It´s amazing how a simple nerve issue can wack a life.

I´ll put more info and even a video and photos of my last test but not here since the moderators might find them offensive and useless.

Even if in the future i have to do that surgery, this is my last message here, i took and gave what was necessary, bye all. 

#407 Greenleaf

Greenleaf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:28 AM

What position are you talking about? Can you be more specific?

#408 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10478 posts

Posted 17 June 2019 - 07:32 AM

I´ll put more info and even a video and photos of my last test but not here since the moderators might find them offensive and useless.

mariano

you can post your info, video and photos here--no problem.  i'm sure the other members will find them helpful.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#409 hopefulperson

hopefulperson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 June 2019 - 08:50 PM

For all you people wondering about the cliffhanger, in discord he stated he has piriformis syndrome.

His statement on discord...
Done, Piriformis syndrome confirmed (but the pudendal is not affected by it) and also spinal cord spinal cord compression (maybe injury). I have to avoid curving the spine, my doc said that´s likely the reason for the relapses, when i get tired without realizing it i tend to curve the back like crazy, working, bicycling, seating in front the pc, etc. that would explain the relapses. Something like this.[/size]

Essentially just about proper posture caused him to relapse. The end, no significant secret technique or position, just correct posture.

Hey annie youre telling mariano he can post all that but when i tried to import an image from imgur i had it would not allow me to do so saying extension was not allowed. I tried to research which ones exactly were allowed but I could not find anything, Is this something thats only accredited to people who have been here for a lengthy period of time and all that?
  • annie7 likes this

#410 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10478 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 04:34 AM

thanks, Hopefulperson, for telling us about the cliffhanger.  much appreciated, especially since not everyone here in on the Discord.

for some reason, it is now harder to post pics here on the board than it was previously.  we had a discussion on that in the "website help" forum:

https://www.ibsgroup...c/#entry1450114

you can post links to the pics, though.  hope this helps.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaky gas, leak anal, anal gas, rectum incontinence, fecal incontinence, cure for gas leak

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here