Leaky Gas Knocked OUT & my whole story - Page 3 - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Leaky Gas Knocked OUT & my whole story

leaky gas leak anal anal gas rectum incontinence fecal incontinence cure for gas leak

• Please log in to reply
409 replies to this topic

#41 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

I don't know what to say, I can only refere to those days back when I had 24/7 gas and rectum gas too and I felt like I couldn't get up from a chair because if I did the air would come out. (it did come out even on the chair btw) ...but now I've crawled my way out of it. I can only talk from my experience but i did had a lot and lot of gas at the time and I think fissure + lot of gas kinda created this LG deadly combo. I cured both by quitting vegan diet (too much gas and protein deficiency), fissure therapy and muscle growth. 

About your situation, did you get checked for spinal damage? it may account for nerve damage, which is a possibility... http://www.spinalcor...-sacral-sparing

Also, do you feel it numb when squeezing, do you feel the air pass, ever ? I didn't in the beginning... As for fissure, internal fissure are not like outer, I didnt have any idea i still had it when I went to the doctor because it was inside and wouldn't bleed or anything.

Also having air pass at all times even with the most sealing things can only be explained to stating that it is you that unintentionally let it pass (by you I mean your brain and not your own will). I am just assuming.... because if it really was all prolapsed you would actually see your colon sip out of the rectum. (Again I am just assuming...  When I say it is anxiety I just try to explain that our leaking could be like those people who have twitching.. like they blink their eyes all the time and stuff like that. that's the kind of unintentionality I am talking about.. and the nxiety effect I am talking about.

the heaviness on your pelvic floor I can totally relate to but when I work with kettleballs and do abdomen it kinda gets less heavy.

Maybe spinal damage could be a possibility? 

The greatest wealth is health”. ― Virgilio 

#42 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:11 AM

also why not try starr surgery? they get all damaged tissue out of the way

#43 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 03:16 PM

Maybe I am wrong at calling it gas ... I mean anything that comes out of there (I am assuming it is in a gas state, as it is not solid nor liquid), so probably, if you have odor (smelly air inside, or gas, or whatever) that comes out even in the most sealed way if shutting your anus, could you possibly be letting it out without knowing it, intentionally, like an uncontrollable tic? Like when you try to fart without making noise, you release it somehow. Could it be some kind of unconscious release the body uses to release anxiety you don't know you have? That could explain why even when plugged it does escape.
Just trying to help....

#44 centraleurope01

centraleurope01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 March 2017 - 08:14 AM

@Pete

I have had this sh**t for a while and believe me its not smell but the gas itself escaping out of ur anus in small bubbles. If ur in a tub laying u can fell the bubbles rolling on ur back. The pressure in ur lower bowel also proves its gas. I do believe we produce a lot of gas thats why we have prolapse and  pain in our rectums. I could accept this anxiety issue as the cause but i have tried many anxiety pills and it didnt get better. Dont try plugs gas will find its way anyway lol.

#45 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:15 PM

Well I don't really see much of a difference here. It's either gas escaping or rectal odor escaping (rectocele accounts for stagnant smell also). It is still something supposed to be there that shouldn't. It's still something that should not pass that limit but it does. It is still a matter of a hole being sealed or not.
Anxiety control alone couldn't have helped me two years ago, but it does now. What's up with this huge difference? I see none. It's a problem of fixing something that doesn't work properly. Causes and solutions may be different but the problem is the same.. and it's control over smelling

#46 balesh

balesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

I actually am beggining to think the problem is two-fold....

1) Weak anal canal muscles

2) inflammation

Most people with weak anal muscles don't smell like ass and most people with inflammation of the intestines/anus don't smell like ass either. But you put the two together and voila...you smell like sh***t.

weak muscles

When I smell like ass, I can do kegels and it stops the smell as long as I hold the kegel. But the moment I let go it will come back. If I do alot of kegels on a day it will help, but it always seems to come back after a while.

inflammation

I think the inflammation part is caused either by parasites (parasites love sugar, dairy and carbs and these foods make me smell more) as I have done a parasite cleanse and expelled some ascaris ( I have photos) I felt much better afterwards. But they came back..

Or what I am beggining to consider as well is the inflammation is caused by always eating the same foods which will lower your enzymes for that particular food and thus digestion is not doing its job and causing inflammation and food is not being digested properly. Then add some sugar or even carbs to the mix of undigested food in the stomach and it becomes a breeding ground for bacteria and parasites.

After eating the same foods alot, I notice that my stools become light brown, mal-formed and smell really bad. I also have to use a large amount of toilet paper to wipe clean and even then it seems like their is some left inside the canal.

When I introduce a new protein to my diet such as fish (sole), I felt great for a day or two. But eventually I started eating it pretty pretty often and the effects began to wear off. This has happened alot to me. I eat something I haven't eaten in  a long time and it makes me feal great, no anxiety and much less smelling, and so it encourages me to eat that item more often like every two days or even everyday and eventually the food has no more effect and I start to smell again. Once I ate a yop yogurt drink and felt like a million bucks afterwards and so started drinking them everyday and eventually I started smelling like crap after having each one.

I am going to try and rotate my proteins. I just ate some quinoa and tuna (which I haven't touched in ages) and so far so good..I don't smell like ass right now.

Anyone have any experience with this? Try rotating proteins around, Eat something that you haven't in weeks, don't touch things that you eat alot of for a few weeks as well. Also start safe, Don't eat any pro-inflammatory foods just yet as your intestines are probably already irritated (ie. No spices, tomatoe sauces, garlic, seeds, junk food with vegetable oils ect..)

Just my thoughts after suffereing for 17 years or so..

#47 balesh

balesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Sometimes my sphincters get tight and I don't leak that odor or at least minimally and I can normally hold my gas in. But it happens extremely rarely.

I get the same sometimes....Usually when I eat a protein that I haven't eaten in a long time along with minimal carbs (maybe a few potatoes) The anal region seems to tighten up for a day.

Once I ate pork ribs (which I rarely eat) with small amount of rice at a friends house and I got that feeling of tightness for the rest of the day.

Another time my brother had me over and I ate some fish and shrimp (stayed away from fish for a long time) with some potatoes and salad and the same thing happened.

This is why I assumed it might be Amino acid related, however after supplementing with Htp-5, and tyrosine nothing changed. Now I think it has more to do with digestion. Eat the same foods over over and it lowers your enzymes for that specific food and thus digestion slows/stops and you have undigested food in your intestines which causes inflammation and foul smelling gas and stools. I also get excessive sweating of the pits and feet sometimes.

I once got examined by a colorectal surgeon very briefly and he noticed inflammation. I do know I have a messed up pelvic region(?) from my youth as I ate alot of junk food and had bad constipation (low magnesium?) Eventually my anal muscles gave and weakened.

Soon I'm gonna start diet and supplementation of digestive enzymes and Lactobacillus Plantarum probiotic. These strain is good for people with flatulence, IBS , inflammation and candida.

Digestive enzymes can help. Try taking some on an empty stomach as well. Also for inflammation its worth mentionning maybe this. http://www.thornhill...tient-info.html

Like I said I think the problem is two-fold, weak muscles throught eating a very bad diet and constipation AND bad inflammation whether through parasites or very poor digestions or even both.

The combination of these two problems make us smell like crap. Doctors have seen one without the other..but its very rare to see both at the same time which makes our situation very rare and not easily diagnosed or observed in the medical community. But this is changing I assume...because of our generally modern bad dietary habits. Seems like we are in the thousands now.

My theory anyhow.

#48 borggren4

borggren4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 01:34 AM

I've had leaky gas for two years. I just wanted to add that I have fecal odor sometimes but mostly leaky gas and from my previous visit to the doctor we've concluded that I got very strong anal sphincter muscles so I don't think fecal odor have to correlate with weak muscles as some here believe. I think PokerFace is onto something but I don't see how I can practice relaxing my muscles or changing my subconscious anxiety in any way, taking deep breaths for me just worsen the situation and trying to put pressure on the sphincter doesn't help either. I also have lg when I'm alone in my car or when I'm in my room alone. I can feel my gas slipping out like vibrations on my pubic hair but I cant feel them when it passes out from anus.

I wanted to check if there are some correlations between us who have this curse such as:

- Small/short body type

- A lifestyle with a lot of sitting down (or no physical workout for long periods of time)

- Bad posture/untrained body

- A lot of drug usage (Cannabis, LSD or Ecstasy)

- Anxiety/Social anxiety problems previous to LG symptoms

- Small vibrating spasms in different muscles like legs, hands or anywhere else.

- Fast digestive system but capability to hold in feces or no need to defecate for longer than 3 days. (resulting in big dumps at once with blood on the paper when wiping)

- A tendency to hold in gas for long periods of time when socializing in younger years (I can remember when I was in kindergarten when I had to pass gas, I tried so hard to hold it in for long until I could pass out gas silently.)

- A lot of wiping/cleaning anus after defecating (done this my entire life due to bacterial phobia)

- Weird posture when defecating. (not sitting on the toilet chair due to bacterial phobia, also done this my entire life).

- Bad eating habits for long periods of time (I've gone full healthy diet for the past months but does nothing, inc. low fodmap diet)

These are just some of the reasons I can think off that could have caused these issues for me, right now I'm in a research study for IBS where they do a lot of different tests. I'll update on my status when this is over, I will potentially try biofeedback as a result but I don't have big hopes as I've read a lot of people here who've tried it. One thing positive about all this is that if one day I get as lucky as PokerFace who cured his symptoms, I will never again truly struggle in life. If I have a bad day I can just look back to this period of my life and instantly become grateful.

#49 NotToday

NotToday

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:07 PM

I wanted to check if there are some correlations between us who have this curse such as:

- Small/short body type

- A lifestyle with a lot of sitting down (or no physical workout for long periods of time)

- Small vibrating spasms in different muscles like legs, hands or anywhere else.

- Fast digestive system but capability to hold in feces or no need to defecate for longer than 3 days. (resulting in big dumps at once with blood on the paper when wiping)

- A tendency to hold in gas for long periods of time when socializing in younger years (I can remember when I was in kindergarten when I had to pass gas, I tried so hard to hold it in for long until I could pass out gas silently.)

- A lot of wiping/cleaning anus after defecating (done this my entire life due to bacterial phobia)

- Weird posture when defecating. (not sitting on the toilet chair due to bacterial phobia, also done this my entire life).

- Bad eating habits for long periods of time (I've gone full healthy diet for the past months but does nothing, inc. low fodmap diet)

I match all of the above except drug use.

I'd like to add

-chronic sleep deprivation (for years) 

-shallow breathing/ breathing through the mouth.

-childhood parasite infections

-weakened immune system- (I had 5 strep throat infections in one year)

-stomach sleeper=sore abs in the morning 

My curse started 6 months ago 4th year of college when all of the above was exacerbated. Like sitting for over 12 hours studying. Usually, I was active over summer, but this summer I spent studying for the MCAT so I was sitting down for insanely long hours again. I grew up with strict parents who did not allow any junk food, but in university, I ate in the dining halls for all of my meals, so I was bloated all the time but had to hold in all of the gas because I didn't want to fart in front of my roomate. So I believe that I have to reverse things in that list and in time I'll get better. 

I'm going to try the gluteal muscle exercises. My butt feels very numb when I sit for longer than 15 minutes. I'm convinced that if I sleep better (8 hours and on my back instead of stomach) and become more muscular I'll get better. 

#50 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:52 AM

Balesh,

I think the colon is inflamed too.
The problem is I am very miserable when it comes to food.
I have a bad lactose and gluten intolerance. And by bad I mean that if I eat a piece of bread I am going to have a huge belly and gas every 30 seconds. I don't eat them, I also have soy intolerance, (it gives me pretty smelly air and bloating). Also sky lecitin bothers me and that one is everywhere. I don't eat packed food because I quit years ago and I don't like it anymore. I basically eat meat and vegetables and sometimes corn pasta. I eat a lot Dark chocolate, just not to get completely depressed over the lack of sweets, bit it has to be soy lecitin free. (Of course it is everywhere in dark chocolate too)
I noticed that protein tend to give no gas or really little gas, while vegetables usually produce a lot and also a lot of weight in the anal canal.
I think my color is painful in general due to my internal fissure that often re-opens. It would be interesting to see if someone living on flebo only (no food) would some how recovery from this ...
I realize most of my muscles got numb also because I was trying to minimize movements in order to not feel pain.
What we know 100% is that this all started to everyone with having too much gas.

Borggren4,

The relaxation part is meant to try to have you rieducate the way your brain reacts to certain movements of the sphincter. It is nowhere near easy, but it can really make a difference. Only it is supposed to be actual relaxation and not just a mental state where you think you are relaxed.. the fact that sometimes you are loose and sometimes you are not may also account for the involvement of anxiety. I can relate to this only I never did drugs (my mother grew me up to terror to drugs so I didn't even ever smoke).

NotToday,

Yes, sitting down for hours can get the colon irritated so you may have reacted to that inflammation with altering the way gas was held

#51 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 06:22 AM

Also when I started curing my fissure I would put yaluronic acid cream 3 times a day and yaluronic acid suppositories at night. When I did his two years ago I would literally lose the liquid from the suppositories when I walked during the day. It was awful. Now I can hold it in and it won't leak (or leak veeery very little just around the spnichter) so I have an actual proof that I have improved.
Having a cronic internal fissure is a real pain in the a$$ lol.
When the feeling of inserting suppositories turns from bothering to actually pleasant (I am assuming normal people find it not too bad of a feeling having something put in there ) it means the fissure is cured. It does come back with large stool. I could only prevent it by avoiding vegetables. But how do I live with meat alone?

#52 balesh

balesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

Balesh,

I think the colon is inflamed too.
The problem is I am very miserable when it comes to food.
I have a bad lactose and gluten intolerance. And by bad I mean that if I eat a piece of bread I am going to have a huge belly and gas every 30 seconds. I don't eat them, I also have soy intolerance, (it gives me pretty smelly air and bloating). Also sky lecitin bothers me and that one is everywhere. I don't eat packed food because I quit years ago and I don't like it anymore. I basically eat meat and vegetables and sometimes corn pasta. I eat a lot Dark chocolate, just not to get completely depressed over the lack of sweets, bit it has to be soy lecitin free. (Of course it is everywhere in dark chocolate too)
I noticed that protein tend to give no gas or really little gas, while vegetables usually produce a lot and also a lot of weight in the anal canal.
I think my color is painful in general due to my internal fissure that often re-opens. It would be interesting to see if someone living on flebo only (no food) would some how recovery from this ...
I realize most of my muscles got numb also because I was trying to minimize movements in order to not feel pain.
What we know 100% is that this all started to everyone with having too much gas.

Gluten and Lactose intolerence? You should do a parasite cleanse maybe. Funny I love Dark chocolate (90%) as well. Its kinda like blue cheese in a way, in that its an aquired taste (not for everyone) But It is definately a trigger for me.

Right  now I am concentrating on my inflammation theory. I will be doing an Anusitis diet (No spices, citrus, nuts, seeds, chocolate, beer, garlic, tomato or sauces ect, ect.) Going with cooked vegetables, bananas, rice, potatoes, white bread, rice and milk with high protein (chicken, meats, ham, turkey fish...maybe even give cheese a try eventually) I will let you guys know how it goes.

Usually Gluten and dairy are triggers for me as well...however I think gluten just magnifies the symptoms because it acts as a kind of glue in the intestines and so if you have inflammatory foods in your intestines already, the gluten will act as a glue of sorts and makes it rub more against the intestines. No theory on dairy just yet.

Would be interested in hearing other people's diet here..

#53 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

what parasite should I get tested for?
I actually have been lactose intolerant for ever, I quit milk before high school and then started over at university (cappuccinos). I heard that if you stop consuming milk you stop producing the enzyme for lactose, so when I started it over it would bloat me because I lacked of the enzyme.. As for gluten, two years in a strict vegan diet had me eat kilos of gluten. I actually think I became intoòerant becaue I exceeded it. Then I quit it for a while when crazy synthomphs appeared and then when started eating it again it would give me the same effect as lactose, only pretty much worse.
As I tried to recall my life before turnng to a healty vegan diet, I realize it ruined me completely.
I have had basically no vegetables ever in my life and eat like ###### all my life, (mostly pasta and fried meat) then at some point (27 years old I think it was) I introduced vegetables and healty food and quit meat.
My digestive system started hating me at that point.
I suppose when you avoid big fibers for your whole life then it gets impossible to get used to it.

Let me know how your diet goes, I want to try to cut out big fibers completely (by big I mean salads and everything you cannot destroy by just chewing)

#54 balesh

balesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 March 2017 - 10:06 PM

what parasite should I get tested for?

Testing is near useless. I once went to the center for infectious diseases and the doctor took stool samples and felt my abdomen for parasites. Results negative. A year later after taking matter in to my own hands I did a cleanse with Cloves/Wormwood and green black walnut hulls. I experienced REAL DIE-OFF and expelled a bunch of ascaris (roundworms)

I am curious POKERFACE:

Do you eat alot of Lectin foods? Ie. Beans, seeds, Grains

What is your salt intake like?

Do you eat pre-biotics (onions, leeks ect..) or probiotics? (yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut?)

-Another trick that has been helping me ALOT is pure un-pasteurized Apple Cider vinegar a couple times a day mixed in water. Helps with digestion (stomach acid) is a pre and pro-biotic.

I'm still sticking with the inflammation and loose muscle theory. I read alot up on Lectins recently and there ability to wreak havoc on the intestional lining. I know for a fact that tomatoes make my anus sweat and heat up and brown bread is less tolerated than white for some reason (both are high in lectins) I actually started to smell worse after switching to a high lectin diet (lots of nuts, whole grains kamut, spelt ect. so I think lectins may be a large part of the inflammation. I think a diet based on protein, fats and vegetables with abit of grains is the way to go.

I`m still curious about other people`s diets and any possible trigger foods.

Okay, I`ll bite..

- Small/short body type
I'm 6 ft tall, average build all my life but rapid weight loss since candida diet and experimenting with diets.

Very active when younger. Then got hooked on PCs and gaming last 20+ years. However my job makes me walk ALOT

Been very trained most of my life (sports, walking ect..)

Lots of drugs and alcohol, But the problem had started even before..Drugs often bring on anxiety and thus make my syptoms worse.

Always been kinda shy around people other than my friends, Anxiety came in after LG symptoms

holding it in for fear of using school or friends washroom and constipation maybe a year before  "LG".

Yes - But not always. Sometimes when I am smell free I have good BMs that need minimal wiping. When syptoms are bad lots of wiping needed with some left inside.

I Always sit on the throne. In public toilets I lay a few sheets of toilet paper on the bowl...

I think there is one thing in common...We all ate like ###### before it started.

#55 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 04:07 AM

Thanks... what is Cloves/Wormwood and green black walnut hulls?
I don't eat much.. Rice, eggs, vegetables, meat, chicken, ham, fish, potatoes.. while raw tomatoes, pineapple, avocado, melon, raw zucchini and cucumber give me allergy... I mean they make me vomit quite instantly. I sometimes eat yougurt that are lactose free. I used to eat a lot of salads and fish which I loved but I realize my colon just can't take anymore fibers.. my salt intake is probably just regular. Sometimes I eat fried fries... without lactose and gluten foribben is basically all I have left to indulge... and black chocolate. Gluten is what I miss the most but it just kills my stomach
Also this diet makes me put on a lot of weight... No idea how it does it.

#56 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:09 AM

I have the same symptoms. Others I have talked to have them too.

Were you guys in your puberty when these changes happened?

I think the obstructed defecation is due to an internal intusseption or non relaxing muscles.

I think these might be caused by an imbalance in the pelvic floor.

What could be behind the imbalance and how can it be fixed?

It is my opinion that it can be achieved with gluteal and abs workout, pelvic floor assisted therapy AND probably something for anxiety too, which I right now refuse to take
  • bertberry likes this

#57 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

I agree. I would also add hypopressive abodminals to that list.

Thanx for giving it a name I would just have called them Breathing training..!

#58 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:30 AM

Pengu,

How about LG? Improvements?
Use d^ck and behind-anus muscles. It works !

#59 Andromache

Andromache

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Thank you so much for your detailed posts, Pokerface. Reading them has definitely given me hope and something actionable to work on. Until my lg started two years ago, I always believed myself to be a strong person but this experience has brought me to my limit. I don't think I have ever been so stressed or depressed in my life. Now I'm going to take your advice and work hard at it. I just hope above all else, I can finally get my life back. I'm so happy to hear of your success. Enjoy!! It's the little things that make a big difference.

#60 PokerFace

PokerFace

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:27 AM

Andromache,

I'm glad I am helping you. In fact staying positive is the very first step to heal. Remember to relax on top of erything because the more tense we air and the more gas is gonna be forced in and will try to get out. With all of your belly muscles stretched and relaxed it will have more room to stay and will not put pressure on the anal canal.

Life is too good to be wasted. I am now in the Artic and I took this picture with my phone of the Northern Lights. The world is so amazing we should enjoy every bit of it

XOxbIpX.jpg
  • Andromache and rageagainstitall like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leaky gas, leak anal, anal gas, rectum incontinence, fecal incontinence, cure for gas leak

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here