New to the IBS Support Group - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

New to the IBS Support Group

IBS cancer opiates hormone drugs diarrhea and constipation senna plus docusate miralax

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sanfordjp

Sanfordjp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:58 AM

Advertisement
Hello to all, my name is Patrick. I am a 62 year old male who has the following:
(1) Episodic Cluster Headaches (40+ years)
(2) Stage 4 Metastatic Prostate Cancer (3.5 years). The cancer spread to my leg and hip bones
(3) Side affects from cancer and cancer treatments : radiation-induced lymphedema in my legs, radiation-induced Neuropathy in my hips and legs, drug-induced sleep apnea, opiate and hormone -induced constipation. Severe pain in leg and hip bones.

Treatments: ton of methadon, oxycodone, and surgically implanted pain Pump. I have been able to significantly reduce the opiate pain medication by 75% over the last 1.5 years. Anti-testosterone medication (Lupron injection every 3 months since diagnosed. Hip radiation to relieve pain. I could go on and on, but I was recently diagnosed with IBS about 2 weeks ago, although I believe I have had it for much longer. I am currently still taking Lupron, low dose of methadone, oxycodone and morphine pain Pump. I take senna+, docusate, and miralax daily. I take low dose Lorazepam and venlafaxine. And recently started medical marijuana for stress, anxiety, cancer, pain and neuropathy.

I am hoping I can find non-medical approaches to treat IBS. I live in the Chicago western suburbs. Pleased to meet everyone.

Patrick

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, cancer, opiates, hormone drugs, diarrhea and constipation, senna plus, docusate, miralax

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here