The ABC's of Chronic Constipation (aka IBS-C) - Page 5 - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

The ABC's of Chronic Constipation (aka IBS-C)

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#81 Hartigan

Hartigan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:24 AM

I wonder flossy, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just do a regular large volume enema every morning?

That would probably prevent lot of painful situations like incomplete evacuation, pelvic pains due to pfd, bloating, impactions etc..

I was looking at how to safely do a large volume enema at home on youtube & came across many folks who do this as part of their daily routine...I was surprised tbh...

I had a fleet enema twice at hospital when my IBS-C first hit & have never felt more relaxed as I did afterwards...was snoozing on the way home....!  smile.png

#82 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11967 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 07:12 AM

i could never do the porta potty thing.  i needed total   privacy when i had to go--my own bathroom with the door shut. that was the only way i could relax enough to go.   i couldn't even go in the stalls at work. not private enough with everyone coming in and out.  i could never go at other people's houses either.  

besides, porta potties are just gross --the smell, the flies etc  ewwww  ohmy.png

• flossy likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#83 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:23 AM

I wonder flossy, wouldn't it be a lot easier to just do a regular large volume enema every morning?

That would probably prevent lot of painful situations like incomplete evacuation, pelvic pains due to pfd, bloating, impactions etc..

I was looking at how to safely do a large volume enema at home on youtube & came across many folks who do this as part of their daily routine...I was surprised tbh...

I had a fleet enema twice at hospital when my IBS-C first hit & have never felt more relaxed as I did afterwards...was snoozing on the way home....!  smile.png

Before I started taking Intestinal Formula # 1 I used to do an enema every day before work, but I really don't like them. They make me have to pee like crazy for hours afterwards.... not for me.

Also my incomplete evacuations are never painful. 

There was a guy who posted here not long ago that said he does them every day, has been for years. Never takes anything ever, just does daily enemas. If it works for ya? Good!

#84 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:31 AM

i could never do the porta potty thing.  i needed total   privacy when i had to go--my own bathroom with the door shut. that was the only way i could relax enough to go.   i couldn't even go in the stalls at work. not private enough with everyone coming in and out.  i could never go at other people's houses either.  

besides, porta potties are just gross --the smell, the flies etc  ewwww  ohmy.png

Years ago, before I had CC, I went to the beach. Normally there is bathrooms there but it was earlier in the year, I think May? And they were all still locked up, I guess until summer officially started. There was ONE porta potty there. I said to myself, "Ut-oh!" opened it up and it was just plain disgusting inside, I kid you not - feces and TP everywhere. Super gross. I didn't use it and got outta there but quick. Some older lady was talking to her daughter nearby and said to her, "Maybe I can just use that?" I jumped in on the conversation and told her don't even open that door! It was that bad. "What is seen cannot be unseen!" ohmy.png

199599-681af4a6c203b5a1766ae6bc2466c640.

• annie7 likes this

#85 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11967 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:33 AM

yes, i've read posts, too, from people who've done  large volume enemas daily for years and it works for them.

i used to do them occasionally but i had trouble getting all the water out (maybe because of pfd??)  and it would just slosh around inside me for the rest of the day, which was a miserable feeling so i stopped doing them. 

• flossy likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#86 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11967 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 08:38 AM

flossy-- love that pic!!

and yes you are so right! 

also--what can be smelled cannot be unsmelled!!  ph34r.png ph34r.png ph34r.png ph34r.png

#87 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 03:22 PM

I can't find the post anymore to give the person credit (sorry!), but someone posted the link to this story under General Discussion. It is not a new article but still gives me a glimmer of hope:

Faecal transplants: ‘My dad’s poo saved my life’

http://www.dailytele...6d720acfbef8721

P.S. If interested, we have a FMT section of the board here.....

http://www.ibsgroup....plantation-fmt/

....but it is somewhat tucked away/kinda hard to find.

#88 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:13 PM

You know what I miss being able to eat all the time? Stupid as it may sound, but peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. I love 'em. Trouble is, if I eat more than one a week? I can tell, it gums me up inside (it's the peanuts). The whole trick to making these great sandwiches is always use more jelly than peanut butter. I always use two different flavors of jelly on them now, it tastes better to me. 

I've only had about two PB & J sandwiches in the last four or five months, but I think I'll try for once a week now, unless I get too blocked up from them (sighs).

I miss being a normal pooper, I really do. 

710VQQ7tw2L._SX450_.jpg

P.S. ^Mmmmmmmmmm!^

• annie7 likes this

#89 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11967 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 04:58 AM

mmmmmmmmmm  is right!

so sorry you have problems with peanut butter!  PB & J  is one of my favorites.  i was lucky.  back when i had a colon, peanut butter never bothered me.   neither did nuts. 

hope you can handle it once a week.   good luck!

• flossy likes this

#90 HDelRey

HDelRey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:48 PM

P.S. I know this is wishful thinking but I would love nothing more than to be a normal pooper again one day!

I would give ANYTHING under the sun to be like this. Feels like i never will Btw, im new here peeps. Hey! I posted an introduction this morning in Introduction section..
And Flossy, ur original post at the beginning was awesome. Love the no BS and humor approach. Made me 😂 and be like, "yup, that right there".

Holl
  • flossy likes this

If it ain't XO then it gotta go 🇨🇦

#91 HDelRey

HDelRey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 01:58 PM

#92 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:18 PM

I would give ANYTHING under the sun to be like this. Feels like i never will Btw, im new here peeps. Hey! I posted an introduction this morning in Introduction section..
And Flossy, ur original post at the beginning was awesome. Love the no BS and humor approach. Made me and be like, "yup, that right there".

Holl

Thanks, HDelRey. I usually just stick to the chronically constipated section of this board, but I'll go check on your post right now.

• HDelRey likes this

#93 HDelRey

HDelRey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

Thanks, HDelRey. I usually just stick to the chronically constipated section of this board, but I'll go check on your post right now.

No worries. Thanks.
I will be posting in the CC section real soon with my lengthy explanation on everything ive been/are going through. I'll be open to help suggestions and advice.

#94 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 16 September 2017 - 04:44 PM

I've been exhausted the last 3 or 4 days. Get up in the morning, eat, take a nap, then get back up - then after like another hour? Take another nap. huh.png  I hate this. I'd bet it's from my darn IBS-C. It just throws my body's natural rhythm off - permanently. 

In other news, this thread gives me hope:

'FMT at Taymount Clinic'

(Click on below link to read):

http://www.ibsgroup....aymount-clinic/

#95 kikiveronica

kikiveronica

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:15 PM

Thank you for this helpful post! I am new here- my SITZ marker test showed my transit is super slow, and Linzess and Trulance were big fails for me. I just ordered IF #1 and am excited to try it. I am going to start w 2 pills at night. I use Fleet Enemas now every day.

#96 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

Thank you for this helpful post! I am new here- my SITZ marker test showed my transit is super slow, and Linzess and Trulance were big fails for me. I just ordered IF #1 and am excited to try it. I am going to start w 2 pills at night. I use Fleet Enemas now every day.

You are very welcome!

Just for the record every day I take one I.F. # 1 maximum strength capsule along with one I.F. regular strength capsule during my main meal of the day, every day.

Good luck and keep us posted!

#97 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 06:12 PM

Idle hands are the devil's workshop.

So I was sitting around my apartment tonight and said to myself, "I really want some popcorn." I haven't eaten popcorn in about 4 or 5 years, since a little bit after my CC hit me. Why not? Well, it's almost all fiber and the next day after I eat it it wants to come ALL out - I'll have 7 or 8 BM's during the day, or thereabouts. I hate that! I already have 3 or 4 every day and that's already too much.

...But still, with reckless abandon, I went down to my dad's house and had some tonight.

orville-redenbacher-signed-photo-272x272

BTW, yes, I had Orville Redenbacher's popcorn, who makes the best and freshest-tasting popcorn out there.

Sometimes in life you just gotta have it, whatever it is. You know?

• kikiveronica likes this

#98 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:21 AM

Wow! I had no additional BM's after eating popcorn. Why? It's gotta be the Intestinal Formula # 1. It keeps me regular.

It's no big deal, but at least I know now I can eat popcorn every once in awhile and not have to go to the bathroom the next day (or two) one too many times. wink.png

#99 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11967 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:28 AM

oh that's good!  smile.png   you're right--it's gotta be the IF # 1  !

• flossy likes this

#100 NatalieA

NatalieA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:53 AM

Hi - thanks for replying to me. I agree with all of what you have said below but I am not sure about the poo transplant. I find it fascinating though. How do you determine whose poo one uses. I was speaking to someone who works at a probiotic company here in SA and a probiotic researcher he works for is actually doing a poo transplant on himself for probiotic research - i dont know how but he reckons that the San Tribe here in SA are the ideal people in which to get poo from to transplant because of their diet. Anyway I dont think I would go that route - ever. But thanks for all your shares and honesty. I can relate totally.

• flossy likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here