The ABC's of Chronic Constipation (aka IBS-C) - Page 8 - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

The ABC's of Chronic Constipation (aka IBS-C)

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#141 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 09:36 AM

Just ordered more NOW (brand) aloe vera gels off of Amazon. I didn't think they did much, but they do enough lately that I like them. 

#142 GJMody

GJMody

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2455 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 11:17 AM

Mossflower and Flossy Dr. Shulz intestinal formula #1 you have recommended. But it contains harbanero peppers and senna. Aren't both of them too harsh. I have tried senna laxative years back and I felt so sick. Does IF#1 work for everybody? Do you have good bowel movement everyday?I mean normal bm. Complete evacuation, uniform stools? I am in India and it's very expensive Rs. 8000 for 2 bottles I think. Please reply in detail. Thanks.

#143 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 01:05 PM

Mossflower and Flossy Dr. Shulz intestinal formula #1 you have recommended. But it contains harbanero peppers and senna. Aren't both of them too harsh. I have tried senna laxative years back and I felt so sick. Does IF#1 work for everybody? Do you have good bowel movement everyday?I mean normal bm. Complete evacuation, uniform stools? I am in India and it's very expensive Rs. 8000 for 2 bottles I think. Please reply in detail. Thanks.

Hi GJ, I believe I answered these questions in another thread a while back, but I'll try again: For me, the peppers and senna aren't too harsh. If senna made you feel sick then I.F. # 1 may very well not be for you.

No, I.F. # 1 doesn't work for everybody, but for the majority of people it does. Yes, I have a BM every day but still have incomplete evacuation, which is common with chronic constipation. (I usually have between 4 to 6 BM's a day, every day, but of course not much comes out during the latter ones.)

Hope this info helps ya!

#144 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:40 AM

My sleeping pills are kicking in/just wanted to rant:

About 3 weeks ago or so I quit eating before I go to bed (during the work week), which is between 4:30 & 5 am for me. I always thought it was stupid to eat then, it's really just for pleasure.

I gained about 6 pounds since we had the lockdown and Fitworks was closed the whole time so I couldn't lift weights, so this was another reason for me to not eat before bed. I'm back at 163/164 pounds but since I stopped eating before bed I now usually have between 6 and 11 BM's per day every day, which is way too many. Before this? Usually 5. I barely go at all after the first one or two, but still? Ick comes out. Incomplete evacuation is my middle name, ask me again and I'll tell ya the same.

I left work early tonight because I'm afraid to pass gas now, it's sometimes D. 

I actually think with less food in me my I.F. # 1 may work too well? I dunno. Regardless, I hate being like this. I'm sore and irritated down there from going so much. Plus when I go this much I have to go at work once or twice per night, and sometimes there are people in the bathrooms already using the toilets. About 50% of the time this happens. It's frustrating.

I might start eating again after work. I did so about an hour ago. I might start taking one less I.F. # 1 every day, so that would be two, not three, but I'll probably be constipated then. 

This was very manageable for me for a long time, but now it's not.

My thinking now is, "I have to eat more so less will come out." Really? This doesn't seem right.

Sorry for all the negativity. I just really hate this 'S' (no pun intended). mad.gif

#deathwish

#145 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9964 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:08 AM

oh so sorry to hear this, Flossy.   how frustrating.  yes, maybe start eating again, see if that helps.  good luck.  keep us posted...

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#146 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:20 AM

oh so sorry to hear this, Flossy.   how frustrating.  yes, maybe start eating again, see if that helps.  good luck.  keep us posted...

Oh, you know I will! lol. This is the perfect website to learn stuff and complain about your BM's. You can't do that in regular life too much, people don't wanna hear about boo-boo.

#147 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9964 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:43 AM

Oh, you know I will! lol. This is the perfect website to learn stuff and complain about your BM's. You can't do that in regular life too much, people don't wanna hear about boo-boo.

no, they sure don't.  it's like people say about talking about boo boo:  "if not here, where?"

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#148 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 01:54 PM

Took off work tonight, will be fasting all day and night Thursday and Friday and into Saturday to give my intestines and forbidden zone a rest and hopefully a bit of a reset. Will eat again late Saturday afternoon. This should help.

Note: Key word is shouldtongue.png Who knows anymore?

#149 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 06:19 PM

Update: My intestines already feel better now that I'm eating again before I go to bed (I did last night). I can even pass gas again without the danger of any D leaking out. Hallelujah! 

I hope this sticks (no pun intended). happy.png

#150 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:50 AM

It's day two of my fast and my body is definitely in fasting mode now. I'm weak/tired/and a bit out of breath. Low to no energy. Peaceful mind though. I guess God grants that feeling to starving people? I dunno.

Good to know by about 5 pm today - or thereabouts - I'll have some food in me. I'd like to BBQ but I'm too weak to shop/stand in line to pay and then have to stand up and cook. Pizza to the rescue!

#151 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:29 PM

Update:

Been on just two regular strength I.F. # 1 capsules for over a week now, doing well on it. It's the lowest amount of I.F. # 1 I've been on since I started it. Also eating again when I get off of work, that also helps me from having too many BM's.

I think that not eating after work and taking 3 capsules per day was one too many, everything was being sort of pushed out/overstimulated colon.

Next week I'll try not eating after work again - it's stupid to me to do so - and seeing how that goes. If I start having too many BM's again I'll drop down to one pill a day. For me? That would be incredible.

But for now? One day at a time.

#152 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9964 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 05:10 AM

that's wonderful news!

• flossy likes this

#153 Nuffa2

Nuffa2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 04:13 AM

Yes flossy, wonderful news! Fingers crossed. Xx

#154 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 01:06 PM

Update:

I've been taking just one I.F. # 1 per day since my last post on this thread (July 6th, 2020). I'm also taking one or two triphala capsules along with that every day. I've had them forever and wanted to use up my extra constipation supplements and am also taking them just in case the one I.F. # 1 isn't enough. I'm not sure if the triphala do anything/help or not, but I'll sure find out once I run out.

Once in a while I have a bit of constipation, but usually? I don't. Less incomplete evacuation too, but I still don't go like normal people do.

I am also taking two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar before I go to bed, diluted with water. I've done this on and off for a long time. The taste is nasty but it definitely helps and is inexpensive. 

So.... so far? So good. smile.png

• annie7 likes this

#155 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9964 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 02:34 PM

thanks for the update, Flossy.  good to hear that you are doing well

• flossy likes this

#156 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2125 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:24 AM

thanks for the update, Flossy.  good to hear that you are doing well

Thanks! And I thank you for your friendship & continued support. smile.png

• annie7 likes this

#157 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 9964 posts

Posted 30 August 2020 - 10:31 AM

thanks!  and i thank you for your friendship and support, too! smile.png

• flossy likes this

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here