Are there any IBS shopping "Apps" for PC users? - Apps and Media - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

Are there any IBS shopping "Apps" for PC users?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ButtAches404

ButtAches404

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:41 AM

Advertisement

I like to know if there are any IBS shopping "Apps" for PC users?

Yes, I know about the "ShopWell App" that can be found here: http://www.shopwell.com

But that's for smartphone users.   I'm interested in something similar that can be used on PCs & laptops.   Free or low cost would be great.    Buying fresh foods isn't a problem.   You just go off a list.

It's the prepackaged foods that those with IBS need help with.  

I tested the "ShopWell" App on my PC using BlueStacks already.   It seems like a promising solution.   But using it in that way is very limited, and will take endless hours to use effectively.

From what I saw, it's a very good idea.

If there was a program like that designed for PCs it would help a lot.

Think how easy it would be to scan or type in the UPC codes off the grocery store products you buy after each trip.      Then having the program determine which products you should stick with, limit, or avoid.

This program would also offer suggestions for replacement healthier options for you to purchase.    You could then print out a list of the healthier foods.

The "ShopWell App" offered settings for various food restrictions: low FODMAPS, gluten free, diabetic, weight loss, etc.     Those settings make it a very good option.

Does anyone know of a similar IBS shopping Apps or program for PC users?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here