Has the Mirena helped anyone have less flare ups? - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Has the Mirena helped anyone have less flare ups?

mirena ibsd stomach pain bloating

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cchaffin63

cchaffin63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

Advertisement

Hello!!

So, I have been on this site for a couple of years.. and often come to it when I am having worse days than others. 

I recently went to the girly doctor and had the Mirena inserted. This was over a week ago. Since then, I have not had stomach issues. In fact I was able to add 2 new things back into my diet without running to the bathroom or even feeling uncomfortable. Before the Mirena was inserted I was guaranteed to have at least one stomachache a day.. and have the terrible D.. very strict diet.. low water intake or else very upset stomach.. the list could go on for days. I do take Librax and have for about 3 years now.

I was just wondering if this was all in my head.. or if anyone else has had some relief with getting the Mirena inserted?? 

#2 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:38 PM

Well the Mirena secretes low levels of hormone continuously, so there's a chance those hormones are helping your IBS for some reason. 

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#3 cchaffin63

cchaffin63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

Well the Mirena secretes low levels or hormone continuously, so there's a chance those hormones are helping your IBS for some reason. 

Yes, I understand how the Mirena works... I was more or less looking to see if anyone had this happen to them.

#4 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

Yes, I understand how the Mirena works... I was more or less looking to see if anyone had this happen to them.

Haha, I'm a guy or I would try it :/

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#5 Rach300

Rach300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:36 AM

I got the mirena over a year ago and haven't found that it helped my ibs. How is your stomach now?

#6 NauseousNelly

NauseousNelly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 12:18 PM

I've had the Mirena for 18 years now and it has not affected my IBS one way or another.

#7 cchaffin63

cchaffin63

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:33 PM

I got the mirena over a year ago and haven't found that it helped my ibs. How is your stomach now?

Honestly.. I am doing so much better! I have now added 4 foods back into my diet with no problems. I still am taking my daily medicine for my IBS.. but before while taking this I still had issues. I feel like a million bucks. It is so strange!

#8 mb83

mb83

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:50 AM

34 year old female, got my mirena over two years ago. No improvement with my ibs d.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mirena, ibsd, stomach pain, bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here