Excruciating pain - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Excruciating pain

Excruciating Constipated diarrhea Abdominal Pain

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Emmajane1

Emmajane1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Advertisement
Hi I'm new to this ibs forum so here goes! I was diagnosed with ibs a couple of years back and still continue to struggle. Last week though I had excruciating pain in my abdomen, pretty much all over, more so on the left. I was at work and had to bend over in the super market and stop what I was doing and I couldn't even speak! I hobbled to the toilet and sat in horrific pain but nothing would come out until half hour of pain! I was expecting a whole lot of loose stools but nothing! I call it constipated diarrhea, has ANYONE experienced this with ibs???

#2 SamanthaK

SamanthaK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

Cramping yes! Raw ginger or ginger tea is a big help but call your doctor!

#3 Rboe

Rboe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 12:25 AM

Yes. I get it occasionally. In the beginning of my diagnosis I was given some medication from the ER for it. After I was treated for Candida, the cramping has decreased enough that I have not been to the ER with my IBS. I do still have cramping , but much less often. I have considered asking my doctor about getting meds, but honestly, I really hate meds unless truly needed and the cramping is not that often any more. Sorry, no real advice. But you are not alone.

#4 BrwrMom

BrwrMom

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Yes. I primarily have excruciating back pain which can radiate to my side.  Thankfully it is usually just on one side, although it can be either side with each incident. 

I have resorted to using 800mg of ibuprofen, and then will use 1000mg of acetaminophen after about an hour if the ibuprofen doesn't fully help.  A couple of times I have ended up in the emergency room receiving injections of morphine or toridol, but thankfully this has only happened twice over the many year's I've had IBS-C, and one of the times was when I had a painful response halfway through colonoscopy prep. It must have triggered severe colon spasms.

I have found that I'm most likely to have attacks if under stress (i.e. big argument, financial incident/worry, something stressful happens in the family, etc). Ironically, it usually starts once the initial tension starts to subside.

Not sure what you've tried, but I've been taking Amitiza which has greatly reduced the number of incidents. 

I'm still looking for an answer to the severe pain relief when I'm in the throes of pain. I hate using the high doses of ibuprofen and acetaminophen.  

#5 bennypee33

bennypee33

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 April 2017 - 01:18 PM

Some things that help IBS- C are:

• konsyl fiber supplement, you can buy this at most drug stores and many grocery stores. It is cheapest at CVS. Also the generic CVS version is just as effective as the name brand version.
  • Oatmeal plain without any added ingredients like sugar.
  • Miralax can also be found in any drug stores. It is cheaper at CVS and the generic CVS version is just as effective. It helps to draw more liquid into your stools to make you less constipated
  • Eating more fruits and vegetables. You can get pre-cut fruits and salads at most grocery stores. Also you can try making smoothies with large amounts of fruits and vegetables if your teeth start to wear out from the chewing. I would shoot for about 3-4 servings of 3-4 different types of fruits and 3-4 servings of 3-4 different types of vegetables.
  • Drink about 80oz of water daily. You can experiment and test to see how much works for you. This also can be particularly effective for reducing oily skin.

These are the biggest changes that I would recommend. You can try to implement one or two of these things at first just to see how it affects you every day. Let me know if this was helpful at all.

#6 Erika055

Erika055

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:11 PM

I can relate to having excrutiating abdominal pain. Just yesterday I was finally diagnosed with IBS after going through three different doctors trying to figure out what is wrong with me. For the past 10+ years I have dealt with horrible stomach pain and cramps all over. I haven't really found anything that helps besides a heat pad on my stomach and sleep. I'm sorry I don't have much else to offer, as I was just introduced to the disorder yesterday. But I do understand the awful pain where you feel like you are dying. I am only 18, so most of my life has been this. I hope you find something that helps bsdies ibuprofen. :(

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Excruciating, Constipated diarrhea, Abdominal, Pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here