Dad Has Just Been Diagnosed with IBS-C - Not convinced, does this sound similar - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Dad Has Just Been Diagnosed with IBS-C - Not convinced, does this sound similar

ibs-c bloating cramping spasm pain constipation

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mccullj

mccullj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

My father has had ongoing pain for the last 4 years growing in severity

He has had every single test on the NHS I'm pretty sure, but always come back clear, perfect health

But he is in constant pain 24/7, bloating, severe cramps, bowel movement only 1-2 times a week, pain gets worse after a BM, gut makes noises, pain is below right of ribs and spreads to all of his abdominal region and pushes to back pain as of the pressure

It is 9/10 in the morning when he wakes up, settles to 6-7/10 during day and up to 9/10 at night, just builds pressure constantly

He has tried so many antispasmodics and pain killers and none of them touch it, even tried CBD oil 1000mg to little effect, signed into pain clinic for introduction today and have to wait 2-3 months for follow up appointment with possible injections 

But in mean time he is very low mood and sometimes drinks himself till he knocks himself out as he can't cope with the pain anymore, it's killing me inside seeing him in constant pain, and I have tried every supplement there is nearly and nothing ever seems to help

Been on a FODMAP diet for past 2 months to no effect, pain is at an all time high

Just wondering any advice on what I can do to help with pain

Only thing that slightly helps is hot water bottle in evenings, but he is still at a 8/10

He is seeing someone for his mental state but I am terrified he will end his life as this pain won't stop

Has anyone got any advice at all on how to deal with the pain for IBS-C please, we both are so desperate

Thank you for reading this

I am UK by the way

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:56 PM

Sorry to hear about your father's health woes. I posted this post a few weeks back (see below). It certainly sounds like he has chronic constipation, I suggest he reads it (click on below link to read):

http://www.ibsgroup....tion-aka-ibs-c/

Also he can take aloe gel pills, they definitely help with the intestinal pain. Take 2 with meals, about 3 times a day.

https://www.pureform...els-by-now.html

Hope that helps and keep us posted!

#3 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11044 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

mccullj--so very sorry to hear that your father is suffering so much and is in so much agony.  that's good that he went to pain management but such a shame that he as to wait so long for treatment.

you mentioned tests--has he had a sitz marker test (colonic transit study--sometimes called a shapes study--to see why he only has a BM once or twice a week?  it could be that he has slow transit constipation--colonic inertia.  has he been tested for SIBO--small intestine bacterial overgrowth?  that can cause bloating, pain and constipation, among other things.

visceral hypersensitivity can cause bowel pain.  there are a number of different ways to help treat this.  

http://www.gastrolon...sensitivity.php

good luck with everything. i do hope he can somehow  get into pain management sooner (can he go private for that--would that help?)  and that he can find some relief.   

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#4 mccullj

mccullj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:01 PM

He feels worse than ever at the moment 

Even Codine isn't working 30/500 

Is there any drug that will help will pain

Can you get Vicodin in the uk 

#5 Studentgal

Studentgal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:11 PM

Has your dad been tested for H pylori bacteria?? I have had all of those symptoms as well, I was in so much pain and had every test done and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. I would suggest also going to a naturopath. The cause of my pain, severe bloating and lack of bowel movements was to do an overgrowth of yeast (candida) and a fungal infection. He gave me detox kit and several anti-fungal home remedy type treatments and I've never felt better. I do not know if its what your father has but it might be something to try? 

#6 mccullj

mccullj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:22 PM

Has your dad been tested for H pylori bacteria?? I have had all of those symptoms as well, I was in so much pain and had every test done and no one could figure out what was wrong with me. I would suggest also going to a naturopath. The cause of my pain, severe bloating and lack of bowel movements was to do an overgrowth of yeast (candida) and a fungal infection. He gave me detox kit and several anti-fungal home remedy type treatments and I've never felt better. I do not know if its what your father has but it might be something to try? 

Sent you a PM

He has just been diagnosed from dietitian with stool sample with candida 

ordered 

Berberine & Grapefruit Seed Formula

Hopefully helps

#7 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2137 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:32 AM

Can you post exactly what was in your detox kit? Sounds interesting.

#8 178042

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:15 PM

I would like to know whats in the detox kit too.. It is herbal remedies?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-c, bloating, cramping, spasm, pain, constipation

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here