Need some advice - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Need some advice

help advice what is this ibs?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 solar1972

solar1972

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

Advertisement

Hi,

Not sure is this is the forum to discuss this but I am looking for help and advice.  I have been suffering from periodic episodes of feeling sick.  It started a year ago and I cannot seem to find the cause.  After having a colonoscopy test, I do NOT have crohns or colitis not polyps.  My doctor has put me on Align but I just started.  It is a complete hit and miss with the foods/drinks that I eat.  I could eat a meal one day and be fine and then have the exact same meal/food another day and suffer through a lot of stomach pain, cramps and gas which results in defecation with the consistency of a slurpee.  But it doesn't end there.  The next day, I could go all day (and often have) without eating; a feeling of gut rot all day.

Is this/Could this be IBS - IBD?  Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.  I also have hypothyroidism which may be of help to know.

Thanks for any help!

#2 tjarget

tjarget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

Hi Solar1972,

Sure sounds like IBS to me, but it's a little bit different for everyone, i think.  You've mentioned a few very common IBS symptoms. Wish I could help you, but I am struggling with the "what's going on?" phase as well. At lease here you'll find people who can relate to what your going though, if that's any comfort.

#3 AlisonfromSickofIBS

AlisonfromSickofIBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:16 AM

Hi there,

It could be IBS. By being sick your body is purging itself of something, so you may want to look more into whether food is the cause.

This article may help you with this: https://sickofibs.co...ou-reacting-to/

Alison

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, advice, what is this, ibs?

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here