Incomplete Evacuation - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Incomplete Evacuation

constipation IBS-D incomplete BM incompleteevacuation evacuation poop stool HELP

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jumpybees

jumpybees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:40 PM

Advertisement

Hello! biggrin.png  Since Christmas (I know right, what a great Christmas present...) I have been having an issue with having incomplete bowel movements. Before this issue happened, I was quite sick for 4 days and was throwing up A LOT! I always have a bowel movement after I come back from school (3:30 pm ish) It comes out perfectly, I do not have to strain, though I sometimes have to on the occasion. I will poop out maybe 4-6 inches of stool, but I do not feel completely empty, thus feeling uncomfortable and I have to wipe like 15+ times! I know when I have complete bowel movements because I only have to wipe ONE time, but if it's incomplete, I am in the bathroom for what seems like ages...I AM ONLY 13! I DON'T WANT TO LIVE WITH THIS! I take one teaspoon of Konsyl (fiber supplement similar to Metamucil, the powder kind) every morning. I try to avoid dairy, though I do eat yummy probiotic filled Greek yogurt every day. I include fruits and veggies in my diet everyday, and like I said before I try to avoid dairy, sugar, and fast foods at all costs! Maybe once a week I will have a perfect poop, but every other day I feel incomplete...I squat when I poop, so that the poop can come out easier. I don't know what else to do? Please help, thank you very much! 

I am not a professional of any sort, just here to help and to give my opinion! 

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13111 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 07:41 AM

have you tried putting your feet on something like a footstool, large shoe box, overturned wastebin or a squatty potty while sitting on the toilet. elevating the feet straightens out the anorectal angle and allows a more complete evacuation.  you might have to experiment a bit to find out what height works best for you.  i tried a footstool, then a shoe box and finally ending up buying a squatty potty on amazon. that really helped.

also--ask your parents to take you to a pediatric gastroenterologist, who can help you with your problem.

good luck with everything.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 jumpybees

jumpybees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:05 AM

Hi Annie! Thanks for the reply, though I do already squat when going to the bathroom. I get it out easily, but can't seem to get the rest out. When I went to my annual doctor's checkup with my Mom, I told the Doctor about my issue and she said it was "completely normal" ? When it is not...But thanks for the reply. 

#4 jumpybees

jumpybees

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

Hi Annie! Thanks for the reply, though I do already squat when going to the bathroom. I get it out easily, but can't seem to get the rest out. When I went to my annual doctor's checkup with my Mom, I told the Doctor about my issue and she said it was "completely normal" ? When it is not...But thanks for the reply. 

#5 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13111 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:08 AM

did you see your family doctor or a gastroenterologist?  gastro docs are more knowledgeable and proactive about these problems than regular docs.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#6 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 13111 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 10:31 AM

because of your age and the fact that i am not a doctor, i don't feel comfortable in recommending things to try--your doc should do that but---possibly something you could try are glycerin suppositories. they are made of glycerin (soap), they do not have laxatives in them , they can be used by children over 5 and they do help move stool out that is stuck in the rectum.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: constipation, IBS-D, incomplete, BM, incompleteevacuation, evacuation, poop, stool, HELP

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here