Son in Pain, HELP! - Parent's discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Son in Pain, HELP!

pain constipation school stress

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 IBSmom4204

IBSmom4204

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

Advertisement

Hello, I'm desperate.  My 12 year old has been living in hell this past 8 months.  He has pain so bad he can't function.  Vomiting, diarrhea, constipation.  He was diagnosed with Stress induced IBS constipation in January finally.  But since then it is just trying one medication to the next, with little to no true relief.  His school believes he is skipping school because he misses so much.  I just had a meeting to get him on a 504, but they have no idea what accommodations he needs and I have no idea what to ask for.   Can anyone help me? 

He is currently on amitiza 24mcg. plus prozac.  It seemed to work for about a week, now we are right back to where we were.  

Any ideas on what I need to ask the doctor or what I need to ask for in the 504.  I just need some kind of guideline.  I'm lost.  

#2 rkfaith

rkfaith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 04:53 AM

I am so sorry your son is in pain.  My daughter has been having issues for the past two years.  She has missed alot of school.  Have you worked out the 504 plan already?  I see you posted a few months ago.

#3 live.2.cr8

live.2.cr8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:34 PM

i just got out of the hospital. they put me on some new meds and it helps with nerve pain. im on FODMAPS diet, take anit acid meds, yoga, and a cramping meds. i hope he feels better!

#4 Cat.S.

Cat.S.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:06 PM

My 12 year old went through this too. Her gastroenterologist put her on a low fodmap diet and she also takes Metamucil 3 times a day. It has done wonders for her. The school is very accommodating. The lunch ladies have even told us that if we are in a hurry or she forgets her lunch one day to let them know before class and they will have a lunch made for her that she can eat. It has been a complete blessing. She has more energy and eats more than she was. I hope it helps! Good luck!

#5 poolside

poolside

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 06:26 PM

Try cutting out vegetable oils. It's hard because they're in so many things, but it works for me. Eating out can be awkward.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pain, constipation, school stress

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here