Filling, safe foods - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Filling, safe foods

abdominal pain hunger diet recommendations

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 starrykitten

starrykitten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:29 PM

Advertisement

I'm under a huge amount of stress right now, which has meant an awful lot of abdominal pain.

I am diagnosed with IBS-D, though I'm not experiencing diarrhea or constipation right now, just lots of pain.

I've been living on peppermint tea and steamed rice with plain yogurt.  Neither on is helping, but also neither is making things worse.

I'm getting to the point though where I'm so hungry from my rice diet that I can't stand it. I know the standard safe foods (BRAT, etc), but I can't think of anything that is both filling and safe.  Is there anything that fits that bill for you?  In case it matters, I'm a vegetarian, so no meat of any kind.

#2 Penzel

Penzel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 23 March 2017 - 01:01 AM

Rice Krispies and about 80g of coconut milk, boiled potatoes with avocado oil, slow leavened sourdough bread  

#3 Rboe

Rboe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:37 PM

Honestly, the BRAT diet never helped my diarrhea. I need to avoid high carbs. Protein and fat help me a lot more.

#4 AlisonfromSickofIBS

AlisonfromSickofIBS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 30 March 2017 - 11:31 AM

Soluble fiber is a good bet. Organic oats for example, with milk or water, depending on what you can tolerate.

Otherwise it will be trial and error.

This should be OK:

Steamed veg like potatoes with carrots and courgette (zucchini) with coconut oil melted over them, some thyme and a little sea salt?

With cheese grated on the top and grilled if you can handle cheese (add that one in carefully).

Hmm, that's making me hungry....:)

If it's stress that is getting to you and spasming your intestines, try this. It takes some practice but helps a lot: https://sickofibs.co...bs-stress-hack/

Hope this helps,

Alison

Alison

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: abdominal pain, hunger, diet recommendations

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here