Slow transit but loose stools? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Slow transit but loose stools?

Transit Enema Laxative Morphine Stomach pain Gas

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 GilmoreGirl

GilmoreGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

Advertisement
Hi,

I'm looking for help here as I'm in between gastroenterologists at the moment and I'm wondering if anyoneeee out there has had a similar problem.

I've had ibs for years but managed it fairly well until I was on morphine for about three months for non related pain. I developed "narcotic bowel syndrome" where morphine was causing me stomach pain and I had to stop taking it.

I had almost a month of excruciating stomach pain and crazy bad gas and heartburn. Things have settled down slightly. But everyday now is like a bad ibs day pre-morphine.

What worries me is that I have had loose stools since my withdrawal, which is not uncommon, but it hasn't eased up. I was put on amitryptiline to help with the diarrhea, and it has, but my stools are still looser than ever, even though I'm eating strictly BRAT diet.

BUT - I posted in ibs C for a reason - I wake up with lots of gas and stomach pain, feeling in my abdomen (but not rectum) that I need to have a bm. But I cannot have one without a bulb enema, or digital stimulation. It's like stool never enters the rectum without help - I've checked (yuck) and there's nothing "waiting in the Shute". Then once I do start going it doesn't want to stop. Unfortunately, going is the only thing that relieves the stomach pain...

So I'm in a pickle - I can't take laxatives or stool softners to help move things along, as my stool is already very loose. I've tried fibres, and I cannot at all tolerate any of them...in fact my list of safe foods is extremely small at the moment.

So I really don't know how to make it easier for me to go and relieve my stomach pain!! It's like I have FAST transit, and then before the rectum, everything halts and stomach pain ensues. And I still have sooo much more gas than I did pre morphine.

So confused! Help please

Oh and I've had colonoscopy/small bowel mre/endoscopy recently as well as stool samples including ova/parasites - all clear. I take tu-zen probiotic.

Thanks so much!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transit, Enema, Laxative, Morphine, Stomach pain, Gas

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here