Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Post-FMT diarrhea

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DavideBianchini 
#1 ·
Hey guys! First time poster, but I've perused the forums a bit before. At any rate, I have IBS-D and most definitely lactose intolerance for a long time. I want to give you some background in relation to my post today. This will be somewhat long winded, so feel free to skip to the last paragraph.

Back in 2015, I underwent a DIY FMT, in fact I felt like the poster boy of success stories. I had two FMTs back and back in two days and within a few days I felt better than probably any point in my life. A weird feeling after suffering for so long. My stools were perfect after that point unless I consumed dairy. Unbeknownst to me at the time was that I was also lactose intolerant, and probably have been for most of my life. Regardless, life was good for about 8 months of putting my digestive system through all sorts of scenarios until I got the flu (unrelated), and took a bunch of andrographis. A quick fall from grace and I was back to a little bit better than square one, except I started to develop rosesea and a wicked case of seb dermatitis on my scalp.

Flash forward to last Friday, when I finally had the good fortune to undergo another at home FMT. This time, however, I could only keep the sample in for about 35 mins (the first two times I kept it in for 24+ hrs). I feel so much better mentally and physically, my bloating is gone, and my skin seems to be clearing up somewhat, but I've been having small, unformed stools about 3-4 x/day, sometimes with mucus. Does anyone know if this a normal initial reaction to an FMT? It's just strange to feel fine, but not have my BMs reflect that.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.