the good news about ibs-d-pi - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

the good news about ibs-d-pi

ibs-d ibs-pi

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 antonov74

antonov74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

Advertisement

You maybe scared and worried if your reading this, I know I was!  The good news is most ppl with ibs-d-pi will be improved in 8 weeks, studies say they show improvement after 8 weeks after being treated with placebo. i am back to normal.

i would describe it as the body healing itself, or the  intestinal bacteria or flora returning to normal. The  Monash fodmap diet is scientifically proved as useful, even though everything on it may not apply to you - for ex., im not sensitive to gluten or milk when im back to normal. and these sensitivities are dosage related. Maybe for example, you can have one serving of something but not 3 servings. Yes, probiotics are also scientifically proven useful. Everyone is different and you must research solutions and your own body's reactions to dietary changes. And de-stress yourself if possible! Stress is definitely contributory to ibs.

#2 hbm1212

hbm1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

Thanks! What kind of infection did u have? I had norovirus. I am still having diarrhea once a week almost 11 weeks later

#3 JeffR

JeffR

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:10 AM

I got a stomach virus first week of November 2016.

5 months later....still not back to 100% normal (I am better than I was in November but still getting diarrhea more often than I should...like every other day or every third day).  Actually feeling 100% normal except for the diarrhea / loose stool.

Probiotics initially helped but eventually made me worse.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs-d, ibs-pi

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here