can anyone relate? - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

can anyone relate?

ibs ibsd

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tiredoffighting

tiredoffighting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:28 PM

Advertisement

Hello, 

So my name is M, Im a 20 years old girl. I've been suffering from IBS-D for one and a half years now. Well, at least I think that's what it is and that is exactly why Im writing this post, to find out if anyone else experiences these things. 

See the thing is that I am not medically diagnosed. My doctors are no help and arent giving me any answers. So after looking though hundreds of things on the internet I self diagnosed myself. However, I havent yet found anyone with the symptomes same as mine. 

First of all, I call my IBS D type even though there is no actual diarrhea. Its just that I have bowel movements up to 6 times a day sometimes and theres often that feeling that its unfinished. There's no cramps either. However when I need to go I NEED to go there and then. Thats why it has made my life so miserable as I am completely avoiding all sorts of activities due to fear that Im gonna need a toilet and theres none. 

So I was just wondering if there is anyones else with the same situation? smile.png

#2 pspal

pspal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 03:22 PM

I hear ya.  I feel the same way both physical and mental.  It sucks big time.  Try looking at Linda's Calcium post for more info on this condition.

#3 Rboe

Rboe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

I have the urgency you are talking about but usually it occurs with diarrhea. I have been doing the SCD diet and my diarrhea is gone but I still occasionally get mild urgency but my bm's are normal.

I know you said doctors are no help (and frankly I agree that few doctors will follow through enough) but if you can, get referred to a gastroenterologist for further tests to rule out IBD.

You could also try the different diets for IBS. You want to give anything you try a few weeks to determine if it works. Some diets that have success are Candida diet with anti-fungals, SCD diet, low FODMAP and ketosis. Google them and see what you think.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, ibsd

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here