Psyllium making stools loose? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Psyllium making stools loose?

loose stool psyllium konsyl

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cporosus1

Cporosus1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:00 PM

Advertisement

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that whenever I take psyllium supplements (right now I'm using Konsyl brand) my bowel movements are more frequent and "somewhat" loose. By "loose" I mean it floats and is in many large soft chunks that break apart easily. It's not diarrhea grade and there are no cramps or anything else. The poop just looks "feathered" and it sometimes will burst into a cloud when I flush, although it remains formed until I flush. Is this normal? I've noticed that it only happens when I use psyllium. When I use Citrucel I don't have the same experience. But, the problem is, psyllium is also the only supplement that makes it so I have to wipe very little. With Citrucel and with no supplements I often have to wipe a lot, regardless of my fiber intake. What do you guys think? 

#2 Akn1965

Akn1965

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:14 PM

In my experience psyllium is not suitable for me .Most ibs-d patients have written here that psyllium can not help them.I have loose and large quantities of stools due to psyllium and 3-4times diarrhea everyday.

Thanks.

#3 Helena

Helena

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

I take konsyl d and had diarrhea from iron pills lately.I read it can help with constipation and diarrhea. Other people who have ibs-a may take it as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: loose stool, psyllium, konsyl

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here