Any Feelings of Malaise or Fatigue/Dizziness? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Any Feelings of Malaise or Fatigue/Dizziness?

IBS-PI Fatigue dizziness weight loss

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Tlandreth

Tlandreth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:20 AM

Advertisement

Hello,

I am a 17 year old male who has been (partially) diagnosed with IBS - PI. I say partially because I haven't had an endoscopy or colonoscopy, however, I am pretty sure I do not have Chron's, UC, or Colorectal cancer (my symptoms appear in bouts, and are not progressive, like it seems they would be with cancer). I have been very badly food poisoned twice over the past year, once in my trip to Tibet and once in Mexico, as well as had antibiotics bomb my gut after Mexico, so when my Doctor said I was very likely to have post infectious IBS I believed her. The spastic bowel movements, gas, nausea, and abdominal pain all fit the description. However, there is one thing that concerns me: my malaise. It doesn't seem like a true IBS symptom, but I end up with the general feeling of "unwellness" quite often, almost like my blood feels unhealthy. The malaise is accompanied by moderate fatigue/dizziness as well. I have had my blood checked and everything is healthy besides an elevated level of bilirubin, which my Doctor thinks is potentially due to Dubin - Johnsons syndrome because all of my other liver-condition indicators were normal. If anyone has a similar story/ symptoms to me, I'd love to hear about them. 

#2 Rboe

Rboe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

When I was struggling the most with my IBS I had malaise and feelings of being unwell. My naturopath had me take an adrenal supplement (I think it was called ADR Formula). Basically my body was tired from dealing with the IBS. The supplements did help some. Finding the right diets to work towards curing my IBS also has helped a lot.
  • Tlandreth likes this

#3 tjarget

tjarget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:14 PM

This was a point of concern for me as well.  My IBS comes in bouts too, usually every couple of years, and last from 1 week to 4 months.  When my current flare up started a month or so ago, I was very concerned.  The other symptoms I was experiencing were what I remembered, but there was the added bonus of fatigue. It has since passed, mostly.  I think it's reasonable to expect a certain level of fatigue when your not feeling well.  

• Tlandreth likes this

#4 jza

jza

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

I have SIBO-C, and when I have flare ups, I definitely feel fatigued. I can sleep 8+ hours and feel like I only slept a few.

• Tlandreth likes this

#5 Akn1965

Akn1965

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:02 AM

Though I have no dizziness now but have feelings of malaise and fatigue always.

Thanks.
  • Tlandreth likes this

#6 highlandhilman

highlandhilman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

I was suffering quite badly from fatigue for a long while - could barely make it through my 9-5 desk job most days. Treatment for SIBO has helped, as has getting 7.5-8.5hrs of sleep/night - but the kicker for my fatigue was when I had an IgG intolerance test done (you should be able to get these in your local pharmacy). I tested positive for a bunch of random foods (like garlic, lettuce, mushrooms, eggs, dairy, pineapple, etc) and have been avoiding them for the last few months. After 2 weeks I really noticed a difference in my fatigue - like it had been cut in HALF.

It's been 2 months now, and aside from fatigue cause by my SIBO flare-ups, the fatigue is almost all gone. I feel so refreshed in the morning, and I even have enough energy to do some hobbies in the evening after work - getting the IgG intolerance test has been a life changer for me, I'd highly recommend looking into it.

#7 glockola

glockola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 06:18 AM

Malais is common in pi-ibs and also CFS. Malabsorption also occur in pi-ibs since your intestines are permanently damaged. For some it is more severe and for some it is just very minor. There are some that have to take B12 shots for life. I myself have a severe case and also notice hair thinning and also cold, dizzy and slightly anemic.

Many doctors are CLUELESS, totaly RETARDED when it comes to pi-ibs, it is not explained properly in their text books. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-PI, Fatigue dizziness, weight loss

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here