Does This Sound Like IBS? (first time posting) - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Does This Sound Like IBS? (first time posting)

diarrhea ibs advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 161

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:19 PM

Advertisement

So I've always been very regular and routine with my bathroom habits but lately things have been rocky and I'm very anxious about it. January I drank a lot of redbull and I experienced extreme intestinal distress (insane diarrhea lol) and since then I've been having some random issues. I've had the urge to go to the bathroom immediately after eating a salad twice, twice after eating sushi from this restaurant that I've always gone to that never gave me issues in the past, and many days after drinking (which I know is normal). So about 7 times since January. When this happens I need to go ASAP and it's not necessarily painful but once I've done it I'm usually completely fine afterwards. I'm just curious is this sounds like the start of IBS? Or maybe just bad luck / sensitive stomach lately? Any insight would be greatly appreciated smile.png

#2 tjarget

tjarget

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 01:53 PM

I think IBS symptoms are so widely varried, its difficult to answer your question with any certainty.  What struck me about your post, which I haven't noticed in other posts, is the urgent BM after a particular meal.  This was happening to me with some regularity before I went into full flare up. Specifiacally, meals I thought were healthy such as salad and protein, or brussel sprouts and protein.  I tended to eat very little during the day, then eat too much at night.  I should have listened to my body.  Typically, an hour or so after eating, I would have a watery BM, then feel fine after.  I think if your eating foods which historically have not bothered you, and your body is now responding differently to them, you should be cautious.  I'm finding smaller meals earlier at night is helping me.  If it continues, definitely talk to your doctor about it.    

#3 Rboe

Rboe

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:10 PM

IBS is a diagnosis of elimination. After you have been tested for other diseases, such as parasites, Crohn's and colitis and the doctors have found no actual physical damage, then you get an IBS diagnosis.

Could you have it, yes, however you need to rule out other things first.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diarrhea, ibs, advice

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here