Deep Bowel Vibration Therapy - Page 2 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Deep Bowel Vibration Therapy

IBS vibration therapy cure non pharmacological

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#21 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

For those of you who are considering this therapy, be advised it is not a magic pill. It took several months to completely satablize my gut. If I am right about the IBS cure being to able revitalize the bowls from both a neurchemical and microbiotic perspective, then it may be necessary to forgoe your IBS crutches such as Imodium, which is a paralytic. It does not make sense to both invigorate and deaden the bowels at the same time. I know the Imodium habit is hard to break, I still ocassionaly pop a prophalctic dose when I go into court becusae the alternative is too horrible to imagine. However, I am slowly gaining confidence that I will not relapse and hopefully in the near future I can dispose of my 3 month supply foever.

Matt  

#22 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:55 AM

Fruit, Fiber, Fat, Protein and Probiotic Smoothie Recipe for IBS

(FFFPPSR_IBS, for those long unintelligible acronym fans)

1 Banana

6 frozen strawberries

½ cup frozen blueberries

½ cup frozen mango

1 small scoop chia seed

1 small scoop ground flax seed

2 small scoops protein powder (non dairy)

¼ cup nuts (kid vetoed)

1-2 tablespoons solid coconut oil

1 large carrot

Water to fill blender

Pour 1 small container of probiotic drink in bottom of cup before pouring in smoothie.

Have for breakfast, elevensies and lunch if still not gone. I keep the blender container in frige and just set it back on blender base to re-mix before serving again.

I buy most of the stuff at Costco but the protein powder comes from Amazon

Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powder, Sweet Vanilla Bean, 2.03 Pound, 1 Count

I have this every day. An added bonus is that you will lose weight. (10 for me 10 for my wife, and it stays off) this smoothie is kind of like an Atkins fat bomb.

#23 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

I'm still trying to picture how you performed this.  Would you the plate on top of your gut and hold it down with your knees/thighs?

#24 ashyam86343

ashyam86343

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Hey.
Up to my knowledge daily usage of artificial vibration loosen our nerves, also it has serious neuro impact if the vibration limit is not medically authorised.

How we can trust this ?
  • Akn1965 likes this

#25 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:37 PM

Vibration plates are in common usage as are massage chairs and beds. It is up to you if you want to try it or not. I cant help you decide.

#26 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

Here are some article all referenceing deep bowel massage or stimulation

Grosjean, D., Benini, P. & Carayon, P. (2017). Managing irritable bowel syndrome: The impact of micro-physiotherapy. Journal of Complementary and Integrative Medicine, 0(0), pp. -. Retrieved 22 Apr. 2017, from doi:10.1515/jcim-2015-0044

The following articles are referenced in the above article:

Hagege H. Alternative treatments in irritable bowel syndrome. Gastroenterol Clin Biol. 2009;33(Suppl 1):79–83.

Wu JC. Complementary and alternative medicine modalities for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome: Facts or myths?. Gastroenterol Hepatol (N Y). 2010;6:705–711.

Spanier JA, Howden CW, Jones MP. A systematic review of alternative therapies in the irritable bowel syndrome. Arch Intern Med. 2003;163:265–274.

Van Tilburg MA, Palsson OS, Levy RL, Feld AD, Turner MJ, Drossman DA,et al. Complementary and alternative medicine use and cost in functional bowel disorders: A six month prospective study in a large HMO. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2008;8:46.

Hundscheid HW, Pepels MJ, Engels LG, Loffeld RJ. Treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with osteopathy: Results of a randomized controlled pilot study. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;22:1394–1398.

Florance BM, Frin G, Dainese R, Nebot-Vivinus MH, Marine Barjoan E, Marjoux S,et al. Osteopathy improves the severity of irritable bowel syndrome: A pilot randomized sham-controlled study. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2012;24:944–949.

Muller A, Franke H, Resch KL, Fryer G. Effectiveness of osteopathic manipulative therapy for managing symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome: A systematic review. J Am Osteopath Assoc. 2014;114:470–479.

Manabe N, Tanaka T, Hata J, Kusunoki H, Haruma K. Pathophysiology underlying irritable bowel syndrome–from the viewpoint of dysfunction of autonomic nervous system activity. J Smooth Muscle Res. 2009;45:15–23.

Tack J, Fried M, Houghton LA, Spicak J, Fisher G. Systematic review: The efficacy of treatments for irritable bowel syndrome–a European perspective. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2006;24:183–205.

Bonaz B. Inflammatory bowel diseases: A dysfunction of brain-gut interactions?. Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol. 2013;59:241–259.

#27 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

Also I run it at is lowest speed. So it is the equivlent as if you were able to use your fist and push on your stomach for ten minutes straight (bowl full of jelly like) I use the vibration plate as opposed to a recipricaing massager because it is slow and has about a 3/4 inch stroke (movement) so it works deep. The 35 lb weight keeps a steady pressure.

#28 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:38 PM

one last thing. I change the amount of force that is exerted on my stomach by the position of my legs. Legs flat = not very much force. Knees up (sit up position) you have the full  35 lb resting on the stomach. You should ask your doctor if it is OK to do this.

#29 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 08:36 PM

I bought one and am going to try it.  I also plan to try FMT.

#30 IL RE

IL RE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

MGI could You please give more details about the correct use of the Plate?

Is this the correct position:

Lying down with the belly up and the plate on the belly?

Sorry for asking again but I am interested in give it a try and I would like to act properly.

Thank You in advance

#31 PD85

PD85

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:47 AM

You could probably use one of those hand held back massagers and press into the bowel with it. Might be different though I don't know.

Example: WAHL 4290-300 Deep Tissue Percusion Massager https://www.amazon.c...a_Rjeazb6ZYJDP9

"I could be wrong about everything." -Me

#32 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Ok. The way I use it is: I lay on my back in bed. I place the plate long ways on top of my body. One end is near my knees. One end on my stomach. The plate is upside down. Rubber surface toward my body. I have a pillow between my knees and the plate so they don't get banged. I adjust the pressure on my stomach by how much I have my knees lifted off the bed. With my knees fully raised (sit up position) the end of the plate is jammed tight into my stomach. My wife likes her knees down so it bounces lightly on her stomach.

I have a hand held massager (Thumper) it does not really work for this therapy. It is too fast and does not have a long enough stroke.

Also. Maybe we are overthinking it. Maybe it works for my diarrhea and my wife's constipation because it simply promotes frequent bowel movements. I now have several a day. Without fecal mass in the bowels it is impossible for me to have my explosive episodes and impossible for her to be stopped up. The scientist in me would like an explanation that points to a cure, but maybe I am just creating a bowel environment that is not conducive to IBS episodes.
  • IL RE likes this

#33 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 06:59 PM

So what symptoms did you have before?  Intestinal gurgling and noises?  Pain?  Trapped gas?  Incomplete evacuation feeling?

#34 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 07:00 PM

Have you ever skipped doing it on certain days?

#35 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 April 2017 - 08:34 PM

I had all of the symptoms you listed. I occasionally do skip but I start to notice the bloating after a day. It is a downward spiral if I don't run the vibrator plate soon after the symptoms start up.

#36 IL RE

IL RE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 02:53 AM

Thank You for Your answer MGI

#37 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 05:38 AM

Ok, so it's basically a management, not like totally cured then, makes sense.

#38 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 10:19 AM

Could be. Unfortunately I really don't want to go cold turkey and find out.

#39 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 27 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

Don't blame you there.

#40 IL RE

IL RE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

Ok NOW I have my vibration plate, I am giving it a try.

I am using it for a "conventional" use only right now, I never had anything like this before.

I want to know how it works and I have to say that somehow this kind of execise looks already helping..

I'll keep U updated.

Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, vibration therapy, cure, non pharmacological

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here