Deep Bowel Vibration Therapy - Page 3 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Deep Bowel Vibration Therapy

IBS vibration therapy cure non pharmacological

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#41 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

Can you show a picture of how you did it?

#42 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Nevermind. I figured it out. Did your bowel make noise while doing it?

#43 IL RE

IL RE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:06 AM

I am giving it a try.

Day one for me. 10min exercise.

I will update.

best regards

#44 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 05:50 AM

I've been trying.  Not helping at all so far.  Pretty relaxing at times.

#45 mr120

mr120

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 11:30 PM

We have a 'vibration plate'  but it works via rocking left and right (like a seesaw) is that the same thing?

This thing:

https://www.amazon.c...ration Platform

Thats pretty darn big to put on me. but I'll try anything.

#46 IL RE

IL RE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 04:02 AM

Day 2
Somehow I feel that the massage has been quite relaxing.
10min exercise - morning only.

Regards

#47 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Yeah same thing.

#48 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 07 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

Yeah same thing.

#49 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Still doing well, Matt?

#50 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

I am still doing fine. No episodes for a very long time. None of my my previous triggers (aerobic exercise, sex, work stress) set it off. 

#51 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 08:00 PM

When you had your episodes, did your pain go away after the D?

#52 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 12:19 PM

Yes. I was fine until the next episode, which would usually occur in a few days but only after my bowels had filled up again.

To use an analogy I think the cause of my IBS was like an electric signal cord that is internally boken, call it a USB cord. (the cord being the chemical neural messaging pathways in the gut) . Sometimes there is a full open (constipation, no voltage or signal can get through). Other times the two broken ends are momenetarily connecting and sparking leading to voltage surges (my dumping episodes  caused by a highly variable corrupted signal). They key for me was to fix the pathway. By making what was inconstant, constant. By adhereing to a set therapy and behavior everyday (diet and deep bowel massage). The other alternative was to try and avoid adverse nerochemical triggers but I like exercise, sex and work so that is just avoiding my life and was not acceptable.

Matt

#53 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:28 PM

How long did your wife deal with constipation?

#54 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:06 AM

So, for constipation the problem is a full open, no neuro-chemical bowel evacuation signal getting through (The problem could be either in disruption of the pathway or no chemical signal is generated. For our purposes, it does not really matter which is true).  

The result is fecal compaction. Therefore, your typical strategy is to generate an artificial evacuation signal through irritation of the anus (suppository) or irritation along the alimentary tract (fiber). The problem with both of these strategies is that your body adapts to the irritation and becomes insensitive to it, meaning, either dependence on it or ever increasing doses required to generate and deliver the artificial signal.

I have been experimenting with the deep bowel vibration to generate an evacuation signal.  I do not really have the constipation problem so I may be off the mark but in theory the technique should work for someone who has.

I lay on my back with the vibration plate on my stomach. After I start it, I relax, letting more of the weight of the device sink into my stomach. I try to envision the device moving down though my gut to my back bone. I lift my knees so that the plate movement is transverse (pillows under them so I can relax) (if your knees are flat then the movement will be vertical (up and down). With knees at about 45 degrees the movement is both up vertical and horizontal (head to butt) I call it transverse)

Now keep relaxing and visualize a connection between the plate movement and your anus. You should start to feel a pulsing or pushing at your anus. Visualize it building up as pressure. Then when the pressure gets large enough, get up and go to the bathroom and evacuate.

The thing is that if you are already constipated this is going to hurt, because you already have the compaction. Can't help you there. 

The key is to do this exercise several times a day so that you will evacuate your bowels often and keep from getting compacted. My wife calls this “rabbit droppings” small frequent evacuations.

Over time, with the vibrator/mind-body visualization technique, your body should reestablish the natural (non-artificial, non-irritant) evacuation signaling that you are missing. I know this type of physical stimulation/visualization signalling works because I have used it for years to advance my D episodes to get them over with quickly and stop the pain. On the toilet I close my eyes and run my fingernails along the back of my neck. Works every time. I know, I know. My wife says I am a sensualist, but what ever works.    

Hope this helps.      

#55 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

I am still getting rabbit dropping, but now twice a day.  Not sure if it is from the vibration, or probiotics.  I am eating a Keto diet, so lots of heathly fats, but low carb.  May have to adjust.  I was just curious how long it took your wife to get better from the constipation.  I know you said it took you several months for your D.

#56 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

It was about the same amount of time. 2 or three months to regularize (new word) 

Matt

#57 IL RE

IL RE

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 04:01 PM

Hi there Matt and all,
Day 3&4 here, with one day stop. 10min 1 time each day-late evening.
Day 3 was ok and quite relaxing, day 4 instead has been quite painful with a strong and vivid disturb coming from the navel zone. Looks like that is the zone where my bowel is more irritated. Even if quite painful the exercise has been relaxing and when finished I felt myself somehow better.
Looks like this exercise works for abdominal muscles also. Having IBS I lost most of the abdominal muscles I once had.
I'll keep You updated.

Best regards.

#58 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

I agree that a plate vibrator is a very good exercise tool. I stand on it (high setting) and lift barbells. It increases the effectiveness if weight lifting on the inner core tremendously. You can also use the exercise bands they provide for the same thing but I like barbells better.

If I find my stomach starts to hurt, muscle pain not gas, I will lay plate on my back for a few days. Now that is realxing. It is like you you have your own massuse.

Matt 

#59 mgi

mgi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:32 PM

Oh, just tip. If you are using the plate I showed. Cut out a strip of cardboard and put duct tape on one side of it and tape it over the control panel. It makes a cover so when you place it on you, you are not inadvertantly pressing the buttons and turing it off.

#60 laylow

laylow

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Matt, where are you from? Do you work from home?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, vibration therapy, cure, non pharmacological

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here