Definitive Low Fodmap Gluten Free charts? - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Definitive Low Fodmap Gluten Free charts?

low fodmap gluten free

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 StevieO

StevieO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:17 AM

Advertisement

Does anybody have a good chart for this?

A lot of websites, especially ibsdiets' wesbite has listed Broccoli, Karela and other stuff there as low-fodmap, but that seems to aggravate ibs symptoms.

I have C, but this question is for all the people who go through symptoms on a weekly basis (cramps, C/D etc); what are the most accurate fodmap and gluten free lists out there? 

#2 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

Monash University, the originator of the low fodmap diet, has the most accurate low fodmap diet information. they also have a great phone app.

http://www.med.monas.../gastro/fodmap/

of course, as far as food sensitivities are concerned, everybody's different.  what bothers one may not bother another.

i don't know of any combination low fodmap/gluten free lists out there.

• StevieO likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#3 StevieO

StevieO

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 April 2017 - 05:42 PM

Monash University, the originator of the low fodmap diet, has the most accurate low fodmap diet information. they also have a great phone app.

http://www.med.monas.../gastro/fodmap/

of course, as far as food sensitivities are concerned, everybody's different.  what bothers one may not bother another.

i don't know of any combination low fodmap/gluten free lists out there.

Thank you, Annie. I'll check out their app. I really appreciate all the help you provide here on this  IBS support forum. You're awesome! :)

• annie7 likes this

#4 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 10466 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:43 AM

oh, thanks so much, StevieO--you're awesome too smile.png

• StevieO likes this

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

#5 jza

jza

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:51 AM

Monash's lists are my favorite too.  In addition to the fact that everyone's bodies are different, some foods are low FODMAP in smaller amounts and can be high FODMAP in larger amounts. Broccoli is a good example. A very small serving of broccoli may be fine, but a full "regular" serving may cause flare ups.

• StevieO likes this

#6 Displaced

Displaced

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

A list put out by Stanford University varies slightly from the Monash list. I asked both my GI doctor and the nutritionist in the practice about these differences, but neither could offer any advice. I guess you just need to experiment. I've been more or less following the diet for a couple of months and can't say that it's made any difference. I've had some horrendous days, but I think they're more often related to whatever over the counter or prescription product I've been trying than to the diet. Still, I'm trying to follow the guidelines while acknowledging that there are some higher Fodmpaps that will still appear in my diet from time to time, and it's probably not going to be a big deal.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: low fodmap, gluten free

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here