Jobs for Someone With IBS D...want to do a career change - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Jobs for Someone With IBS D...want to do a career change

jobs anxiety diarrhea

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cosmopolitan_chick

cosmopolitan_chick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Advertisement

I have extreme anxiety and diarrhea. Some days, I am ok and others, I am completely miserable. What are some top jobs / careers which doesnt involve working much with others or working behind the scenes and possibly no meetings.

I've worked in public relations and banking. I would always have meetings after meetings and it was just awful holding in my stomach while i was doing a presentation , worrying about making it to the bathroom, excusing myself from lunch meetings, just so i can go to the bathroom or simply because I wasnt doing well.

Please please let me know what jobs work well.

I am desperate. Thanks

#2 joeyr2

joeyr2

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 03:39 PM

I have extreme anxiety and diarrhea. Some days, I am ok and others, I am completely miserable. What are some top jobs / careers which doesnt involve working much with others or working behind the scenes and possibly no meetings.

I've worked in public relations and banking. I would always have meetings after meetings and it was just awful holding in my stomach while i was doing a presentation , worrying about making it to the bathroom, excusing myself from lunch meetings, just so i can go to the bathroom or simply because I wasnt doing well.

Please please let me know what jobs work well.

I am desperate. Thanks

My career ended for pretty much the same reasons.  I've been working on learning computer programming as an alternate, but it takes time, patience, and might not be the quick fix your looking for. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: jobs, anxiety, diarrhea

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here