Long Time Lurker, New Member - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Long Time Lurker, New Member

new member pi-ibs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 willow_tree

willow_tree

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

Advertisement

Hi everyone, new member here! Although, I've been lurking through the message boards for a number of months now. I'm a 27 year old woman from New York, and I've been struggling with PI-IBS and associated anxiety. 

Long story short, in March of this year, I had an extremely bad gastrointestinal infection (not sure if viral, bacterial). The pain associated with it was so unbelievable, I was laid out for days. After about a week, I began to regain normal day-to-day activities, but was experiencing extremely painful BMs, mostly D. It was absolutely horrible.

After a month or two of this, and getting stool samples and a CT scan, my GI suspected I had PI-IBS. We started trying a number of meds. I now take Bentyl and Tramadol as needed, and she gave me some anti-axiety meds to take as needed to, because the trauma from this is all too real (as I'm sure we here know all to well). After starting to take the meds, in addition to daily florastor, my D changed to C, and I've taken the occasional Citrucel to combat that. Needless to say, the past 3 months have been absolute hell.

Today, I finally had my colonoscopy. The fasting and the prep was horrible, but as expected, everything looked perfectly fine. Still have to wait a week to hear about the pathology, but my doctor didn't seem concerned. 

So that's my story in a nutshell. Glad to be here, and looking forward to connecting with other people who understand what I've been going through. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: new member, pi-ibs

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here