So embarrassed please help - Page 4 - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

So embarrassed please help

Constipation Fissure Pain Gas Laxative Bloating

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#61 GilmoreGirl

GilmoreGirl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:45 AM

Sorry to hear of your story Redmapletree - it's so tough to deal with these things. It helps to hear that you're doing better now.

Annie - I take the dulcolax about 24 hours before it works. So maybe as you say the dose is not enough. It seems as though the constella isn't working well for me anymore either. I'm scared to take more laxative but I guess I will have to.

The pharmacist just gave me the constella in a normal pill bottle with no desiccant, so I'm wondering if it is just going off.

I'm dying to just be able to wake up and go. I'm being held hostage by this it's nuts.

#62 annie7

annie7

Community Manager

• Community Managers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 11862 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:56 AM

no way should the pharmacist have sold you linzess (constella)  in another bottle other than the original one. it's a very unstable med.  it says right on the bottle in bold face type  that it is NOT to be decanted. my pharmacist did that to me once and i took it right back and told them to give me some in the original bottle.

that very well might be why it's not working.  

you can print this out and take it back to the pharmacy along with the bottle they gave you. 

scroll down to the 2nd page --the section that says "how should i store linzess"  (constella--linaclotide) 

https://www.allergan...zess_pi#page=20

you should really give it a fair chance and take the bottle you have back to the pharmacy and exchange it for  constella in the original, sealed  container.

these are just my own thoughts. for expert medical advice please contact a health care professional.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Constipation, Fissure, Pain, Gas, Laxative, Bloating

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here