Symptoms are worse at night - am I just imagining this? - Welcome! - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Symptoms are worse at night - am I just imagining this?

ibs gerd night hiatal hernia

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 einafets

einafets

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:45 PM

Advertisement

I'm a 29-year old with a lifelong history of digestive issues. I have Celiac disease, IBS, GERD, and recently was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia. I am on a low-FODMAP diet in addition to being totally gluten-free for my celiac disease.

Over the last six months, my symptoms have increased in severity overall. However, they seem to really escalate at night time (around 8pm) - EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Just as I am getting ready for bed, I experience a huge increase in chest pain, abdominal pain, and feel light-headed. I've also recently had pretty intense shoulder and neck pain. Together, these issues keep me up at night and have made it difficult to function during the day due to lack of sleep. Needless to say, it's getting pretty old.

I have started to wait about 2 - 2.5 hours between eating dinner and going to sleep, but this does not seem to be helping.

Does anyone else notice a change in symptoms specifically related to time of day? I have a theory that perhaps the symptoms seem more severe at night because I am less distracted, but I can't be sure.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, gerd, night, hiatal hernia

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here