My Experiences with Different Alternatives for IBS - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

My Experiences with Different Alternatives for IBS

IBS Diet Exercise Food FoDmaps Natural Remedys Medicine

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Fefoe44

Fefoe44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

Advertisement

Hello Everyone! Today I'll be showing you the various things I have tried and will recommend to you. I'll be listing if they worked or not along with a rating. This will include different medicine, nutrition/supplements, diets, and mental exercises.

My Symptoms:

I have alternating Diarrhea/Constipation accompanied with stomach aches, severe bloating/gas, burning sensation throughout the intestines/ urinary system, and the lovely yet torturous Nausea. I'm diagnosed with IBS and I've had a Colonscopy/Endoscopy done.

My Identity:

19 year old Male in College, quite fit. Have severe anxiety based on a genetic factor.

MEDICINE:

Dicyclomine- Caused occasional relief of stomach/ intestinal cramping. 6/10

Librax- Caused relief of stomach cramping and made me much more relaxed. ADDICTIVE. 8/10

Ativan- Gave me a relaxed feeling throughout my brain, this drug is a BENZO. Compared with Xanax, it has a much longer half life effect as it is less potent. ADDICTIVE 9/10

Imodium- Gave me the Diarrhea relieve but made me constipated/ gave me the feeling of not being able to fully "dispose of feces". Also, quite cheap. 8/10

Viberzi- Cost $1100 for a 30 day dosage. (Not exaggerating) It stabilized my diarrhea completely, but you'd feel the urge to go again when you couldn't. 8.5/10

Ondansetron- The most common medicine for Nausea as it eliminated it completely. Pretty Cheap.10/10 

Weed- I've only smoked once, but I honestly felt significant improvements in IBS after exposure to it. 11/10.

NUTRITION/SUPPLEMENTS:

Fiber Husk (Metamucil): Stabilized my diarrhea/ constipation alternation, but created uncontrollable gas/bloating. I only tried it for 2 days. 6/10

Calcium: Ingested orally, I took 100% of the DV, and resulted in being constipated. Noticed fairly good improvement in diarrhea, however. 7/10

Peppermint Pills: Almost Instantly took away my nausea for a few hours, but not quite common in stores like Target. 8.5/10

Align: For the first few days, I got a bit bloated, but after about a week I'm completely normal in bowel movements.  9.5/10

DIETS:

FODMAPS: Strictly following it creates misery for people who like food like me. But I've noticed some significant improvement. When in doubt, don't try it out. 9/10

http://www.ibsdiets....dmap-food-list/

Mental Exercises:

Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Noticed significant improvement in the symptoms as it reduced stress astronomically. 7/10

Private Time in Nature: Probably the best natural method I can recommend to you as I sit outside and just breath. I've noticed all my symptoms slowly disappear over the course of 5 minutes.

CONCLUSION:

Guys I know how you are feeling and I know how much it sucks right now. But trust me, we can reduce or even eliminate your symptoms of IBS through these methods. I use to call the relaxation thing BS, but in reality, it probably helped me the most. I know I hated hearing this, but I'm starting to think it's all in my head. All the suffering, all the hell, we must need to go through. Medications only mask the problem, they don't eliminate it. Thanks for reading through all of this, and I wish you the best of luck. Much love smile.png

Please feel free to comment below or message me!

#2 Raw015

Raw015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:59 PM

its not in your head even when you did all the tests out there.

hell, i did all the tests and the doctors couldnt find anything so they said its in your head, but me been persistent and demanded for more tests they finally found a high calprotectine value. 

• Akn1965 and ♧Pandora☆ like this

#3 Fefoe44

Fefoe44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:45 PM

I would also recommend taking the probiotics for a constant 2 week to see significant improvement.

#4 atrix

atrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:31 AM

What are you currently taking?  I would assume the odensatron from your list above, no?

#5 Fefoe44

Fefoe44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:29 PM

I'm currently taking Align (Probiotic), Peppermint pills, and Librax/ Ativan.

#6 atrix

atrix

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 04:46 PM

Why aren tyou taking the odansetron if it worked so well?

#7 Akn1965

Akn1965

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:49 PM

its not in your head even when you did all the tests out there.

hell, i did all the tests and the doctors couldnt find anything so they said its in your head, but me been persistent and demanded for more tests they finally found a high calprotectine value. 

doctors have nothing to do with ibs once it diagnosed.they are on their wits end and they used to say it's on your head.
Thanks.

#8 Raw015

Raw015

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 01:37 PM

doctors have nothing to do with ibs once it diagnosed.they are on their wits end and they used to say it's on your head.
Thanks.

Thanks for what?

#9 Akn1965

Akn1965

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 484 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:21 PM

Thanks for your nice posting.

#10 Fefoe44

Fefoe44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 01:58 AM

Why aren tyou taking the odansetron if it worked so well?

Because it's a perscription medicine, best avoid it if you can

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, Diet, Exercise, Food, FoDmaps, Natural Remedys, Medicine

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here