IBS not triggered by food - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

IBS not triggered by food

stress food anxiety pain

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 pablo99

pablo99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Advertisement

After having pretty much 4 months pain free, ive returned from my Holiday to have a huge flare up. No change in diet, well except drinking 2 cups of coffee instead of the usual one! Can anyone else relate to this? My 4 months in emission wasn't IBS free but it was manageable. While on holiday i did have the usual mix of loose stools but did go every day and i didn't feel bloated or in pain even though my diet out there was not great, being all inclusive and going for fry ups, beer and wine. On my first day back i promised myself i'd start eating better again, then throughout the day i visited the loo over 6 times! come tea time with in the space of 30 minutes i went from pain free to being in agony.  

Its the usual symptoms- Seriously bloated. whole abdomen feeling extremely sore, feeling like there is an electric current running from my anus all the way through my guts. I feel like every single nerve in my guts is just overloaded in pain. I'm lucky i have my own business and work from home, I'm not sure if i was employed i would be able to work when i have a flare up like i do now. The pain is so consuming it takes the focus of everything i do, might be a day or 2, week, weeks or months before id dies down again.....who knows? Thats what i hate sooooo.... much about it!   Although I'm thankful ive just had 4 months pain free and actually managed to go on a family holiday without the drama of my IBS. 

I dont think my IBS is set off by food but i may be wrong, i think if anything i lead  very stressful life and this is probably the trigger. Just wanted to get your thoughts or see if your symptoms are similar? 

Thanks for reading

Paul 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stress, food, anxiety, pain

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here