Cabbage and broccoli juice - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Cabbage and broccoli juice

Isothiocyanate Herbal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mare12345

Mare12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 02:26 PM

Advertisement
Hi, I just wanted to share with you a remedy that helped me a lot. I have read a few science papers on ncbi about how isothiocyanate are great for regulating gut flora.
I did following: take about 2.5kg of cabbage, about 0.5kg of broccoli and about 4 carrots.
I put it in centrifugal juicer but I think the masticating juicer would work fine also. After running it through the juicer, I get about 1.5 litters of juice, than I repeat the process on residue and I get about 0.5 litters of juice (it took me some time and practice to get these yields). So I get about 2 litters of juice and I drink about 2 glasses immediately (while​ it's fresh), and the rest in next two days (whenever I feel any stomach discomfort).
I started feeling improvement only after few days of drinking these juice, but you should continue to drink it for at least a month. After taking this juice for 2 months, I've been feeling no symptoms of IBS or SIBO for 4 months now.
I also started to walk more and exercise after the symptoms subsided, so that might be also helpful.
It's a bit of a work but it's well worth it.
Best regards.

#2 Justwannabenormal

Justwannabenormal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:12 AM

Oh, wow, this is great!  I will try it.  Does it help with constipation?  Are you recovering from SIBO, or do you have it now?

#3 Mare12345

Mare12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:05 AM

It's been a while since I had any stomach discomfort or any symptoms of SIBO.

#4 Justwannabenormal

Justwannabenormal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 13 July 2017 - 05:18 AM

Did it help you with constipation at all? 

#5 Mare12345

Mare12345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

Yes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Isothiocyanate, Herbal

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here