HELP - Any Athletes out there? - The Lounge - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

HELP - Any Athletes out there?

crossfit athlete bodybuilding training personal trainer sport

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Shanz93

Shanz93

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 July 2017 - 08:12 PM

Advertisement

Hey guys!

I was wondering if there are any athletes out there that have to deal with IBS? Cross fitters? Weight lifters? Bodybuilders? Gymnasts etc

I am a Personal Trainer here in NZ love CrossFit weight lifting and aerial skills. I have always questioned IBS and finally saw a DR that confirmed he thought it was. 

My question is as athletes how do you deal with it? Being bloated obviously messes with your self image and there are times its hard to push through training due to nausea or being worried of what might happen if iI "push" to hard! LOL

How do you structure your diet for body composition and training for energy, performance, muscle gain and fat loss?

Id really love to hear from anyone who can help!

Thanks!

#2 Barney71

Barney71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 23 August 2017 - 10:56 AM

Hey, I'm clearly not at the level like you, but I enjoy working out as well. Biggest change that has helped me to keep working out on top of IBS was getting a good diet. You probably know more than me about it, but I'm trying to get all my proteins from meat, eat more fat and focusing on non saturated fats and limiting carbohydrates intake. At the moment I'm eating more less around my BMI considering 3x times work out and it works fine. I could imagine problems if I was trying to gain weight and eat more than I need, so my body could have taken some measures, but as long as I don't eat too much and I keep it healthy I enjoy my gains so far and I feel really good. You probably won't go far in terms of bodybuidling and crossfit with IBS, but getting in decent shape is definitely achievable!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: crossfit, athlete, bodybuilding, training, personal trainer, sport

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here