Leaky Anus/ Wet Moist Feeling / Discharge - FOUND POTENTIAL CURE! - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Leaky Anus/ Wet Moist Feeling / Discharge - FOUND POTENTIAL CURE!

IBS anus discharge itchy moist anus wet anus smell incontinence diet change

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tsc2345

tsc2345

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Advertisement

***** MAY HAVE FOUND POTENTIAL CURE *****

Hi guys, I just created my account to post this... I have been suffering from a horrible leaky anus / wet anus feeling after eating and drinking for over 3 years now and it has been driving me crazy. I've seen a lot of posts on this forum about it and it seems to be quite a common problem for those with IBS etc. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people are unable to get rid of it and have to make do with this embarrassing problem... However, I've just found an unexpected cure (potentially) which I hope will help some people....

I am not sure if this will work for everyone (or maybe just me!) but I seem to have stumbled upon the cause!

It SEEMED to be particularly bad straight after eating food and drinking coffee - and I was constantly trying to avoid eating certain foods etc I felt triggered it.

In the last 2 weeks I have not changed anything in my diet, and my problem seems to have disappeared. What's changed?

***** I MOVED COUNTRY AND AM NOW DRINKING DIFFERENT TAP WATER ********

I have lived in Australia for the last 3.5 years, and it was during this time I first developed the problem... The water tastes quite a lot different from back home in the UK (more chlorine or different chemicals?). I have recently moved back home to the UK (with a pretty much idential diet) and the problem seems to have stopped. I am even drinking lots of coffee and eating rubbish to try and 'trigger' it and nothing!! I have since concluded that it's not the food or coffee that was causing it... but the water I was drinking when eating (almost always tap water) and the water in the coffee! 

I haven't seen anyone post anything like this so I'm hoping that I've discovered a potential cause which will help people be rid of the problem. 

What country are you from? Maybe try swapping to bottled water - including for coffee etc?! Couple this with Fibre tablets (I had some success with these before I came back - although I am not having to use them now) and I HOPE I can help someone.

What country is everyone from? Do you drink the tap water? Remember a lot of beverages use tap water for ice etc... coffee places use tap water.... I really hope this helps someone ! Please let me know if it does - would love to know I helped as I understand how awful this problem is!

​Tom :)

• Xc902005x likes this

#2 Ouchie81

Ouchie81

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 04:19 AM

I'm from Australia. I have the discharge. So glad yours has gone. It's awful. Might be the water

#3 Xc902005x

Xc902005x

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:41 AM

***** MAY HAVE FOUND POTENTIAL CURE *****
Hi guys, I just created my account to post this... I have been suffering from a horrible leaky anus / wet anus feeling after eating and drinking for over 3 years now and it has been driving me crazy. I've seen a lot of posts on this forum about it and it seems to be quite a common problem for those with IBS etc. Unfortunately it seems a lot of people are unable to get rid of it and have to make do with this embarrassing problem... However, I've just found an unexpected cure (potentially) which I hope will help some people....
I am not sure if this will work for everyone (or maybe just me!) but I seem to have stumbled upon the cause!
It SEEMED to be particularly bad straight after eating food and drinking coffee - and I was constantly trying to avoid eating certain foods etc I felt triggered it.
In the last 2 weeks I have not changed anything in my diet, and my problem seems to have disappeared. What's changed?***** I MOVED COUNTRY AND AM NOW DRINKING DIFFERENT TAP WATER ********
I have lived in Australia for the last 3.5 years, and it was during this time I first developed the problem... The water tastes quite a lot different from back home in the UK (more chlorine or different chemicals?). I have recently moved back home to the UK (with a pretty much idential diet) and the problem seems to have stopped. I am even drinking lots of coffee and eating rubbish to try and 'trigger' it and nothing!! I have since concluded that it's not the food or coffee that was causing it... but the water I was drinking when eating (almost always tap water) and the water in the coffee! 
I haven't seen anyone post anything like this so I'm hoping that I've discovered a potential cause which will help people be rid of the problem. 
What country are you from? Maybe try swapping to bottled water - including for coffee etc?! Couple this with Fibre tablets (I had some success with these before I came back - although I am not having to use them now) and I HOPE I can help someone.
What country is everyone from? Do you drink the tap water? Remember a lot of beverages use tap water for ice etc... coffee places use tap water.... I really hope this helps someone ! Please let me know if it does - would love to know I helped as I understand how awful this problem is!
​Tom :)

Thanks a mill for putting this post up . I tried it and its working so far , have been drinking tap for the last 3 years and this problem was constant, I didn't relate the two issues until I read your post , I am now drinking bottled water and the problem had cleared. I have also started to educate myself about the dangers of drinking tap water in a first world country, that you would think would be safe to drink . thanks again and spread the word on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS, anus, discharge, itchy, moist anus, wet anus, smell, incontinence, diet, change

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here