1 Incomplete BM Leading to a Week of Pain - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

1 Incomplete BM Leading to a Week of Pain

incomplete bloating pain bm loose stools

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 holypoop

holypoop

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:31 AM

Advertisement

Hi, I've searched all around the internet and I'm unable to find a solution to my situation. I found a very similar situation on this forum, but it was a very old post and the thread starter never followed up on his situation so I will start this thread outlining my problem.

BM has never been much of an issue for me, I would get constipated occasionally but it would never be painful and I would always end up relieving myself after a while without doing anything special. 

However this year I started having bouts of constipation. I would never go more than 3 days without a BM, but I could spend a week constipated due to incomplete bowel movements, or perhaps I would have a BM one day then miss the next, always playing catchup. At the beginning of the year I would get bloated, and my stools would be dry and hard, typical constipation symptoms. However during the past 3 months I'm experiencing something different. 

It always starts off with an incomplete BM, or perhaps a whole day without a BM. This usually happens due to me having to get up at a different time than the time that I usually get up at. Literally a day after this, I start to get uncomfortable feelings. Bloating, rumbling, pressure in my tummy, pain. However even if I BM the next day, the stools are not hard, they're soft and loose. Also there's a feeling that I still have a lot more stools in there that haven't come out. However I won't BM for the rest of the day, next morning I'll probably repeat the same thing, incomplete BM with loose thin stools. The bloating, pressure and pain continuous for over a week before I finally start to regain normal BM. I then feel fine for maybe 1-2 weeks until I have another incomplete BM.

I'm a 17 year old male, healthy diet and exercise a lot. My diet is consistent and rarely changes. I've yet to go to a doctor about this, because every time I'm at the peak and I feel like I need to, I naturally recover and feel fine for a few weeks.

It's terribly frustrating to not understand what my problem is. These bouts of uncomfortable sensations are heavily affecting my life, I just feel tired, lose appetite, don't even feel like exercising or studying or anything because of the constant pain.

It gets to the point where I would give anything to rid myself of this problem, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me out. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: incomplete, bloating, pain, bm, loose, stools

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here