Do I have IBS or colorectal cancer? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Do I have IBS or colorectal cancer?

ibs cancer colon rectum rectal colorectal afraid

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 4fr41d

4fr41d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

Advertisement

Hello everybody!

I'm new to this site, so please do not be harsh if I posted in the wrong topic.

My symptoms started last year on a vacation in the end of August. This was strong diarrhea which didn't go away for almost three weeks. I got different medications from my GP and it just went away. Now, I have these symptoms: nausea (not always),  right lower abdominal pain (sometimes for several days, and then I won't have it for like a week), thinner stools (not always), left and middle upper abdominal pain (IIRC, sometimes after having a meal), Pain in the rectum (not always either, in the first 10-12cms) I used medication for hemorrhoids but didn't go away. Also sometimes I have blood on my stool surface (not often).

Very rarely I have white part on my stool surface which I assume is mucus

Rarely I have sharp pain when passing stool, and most of the time its in the right lower abdominal area when this is present sometimes I need to strain when pooping and sometimes only small pellet like or small ball shaped stool is coming out. I had yellowish stools too (two times for 1-1 weeks). 4-5 months ago I wake up because i'm passing gas and need to pass stool (usually it is normal sometimes diarrhea which will be present for 2-3-4 days). I also have a different taste of bread ever since , not sure why... I'm very concerned since I'm only 18 years old (turning 19 on 5th of August). Can it be cancer? Can it be IBS?

Please if anyone had the same symptoms or similar to them, reply and tell me what is it! 

And sorry for my English, my mother tongue is not English.:)

#2 HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 01 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

Unfortunately the only way you can know for sure is if you get a colonoscopy.  Your symptoms definitely could be caused by IBS, mucus can happen with IBS and the blood could be from hems/a fissure.  If it makes you feel better, I had a lot of your symptoms and have had 2 colonoscopies, both came back clean except for a hemorrhoid.  

Ask your doc for a referral to a GI and go from there.  If you're young you may need to fight a bit for a colonoscopy but it'll be worth it.

Good luck, I hope you get this figured out smile.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, cancer, colon, rectum, rectal, colorectal, afraid

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here