Should I be concerned? - General Discussion - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Should I be concerned?

ibs bowel movement blood colonoscopy stomach concern doctor

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:40 PM

Advertisement

Hey everyone, I've been having some problems and I'm not sure what to do.

Most of my symptoms started last summer.  When I had a bm I was noticing red and black spots in my stool.  At first I ignored it but it kept happening, so I asked for a stool test from my PCP.  Everything came back negative except for blood, which led to a colonoscopy and endoscopy (I was also a bit anemic, still am).  Both tests were clean, and everything seemed okay.

However, I kept noticing the black in my stool, as well as having a bout of rectal bleeding, which led to yet another colonoscopy (one internal hem), a Meckel scan, an abdominal ultrasound, and an MRI of the small intestine.

Well, despite all these tests I'm still seeing the black to this day, and nowadays I notice the black is uniform throughout the stool, almost like strings running throughout (sorry for the tmi unsure.png ) and I'm just so confused at to what's going on.  Is this something I should bring up with my GI?  The thing is, my GI told me that the MRI would be the last test and she probably wouldn't agree to me getting checked out again.  

#2 ♧Pandora☆

♧Pandora☆

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 08:30 AM

Definitely tell your gi. In forums in the past iv seen people with c diff complain of black strings.
Some say bananas cause it even weeks after eating one, If intolerant or allergic.

Pieces of undigested food in stool can be from low digestive enzymes or not chewing food 35 plus times, intolerances, allergies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, bowel movement, blood, colonoscopy, stomach, concern, doctor

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here