Colace for IBS-C - IBS Constipation (IBS-C) and Chronic Constipation - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Colace for IBS-C

IBS-C Constipation Colace laxative laxatives

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 thejono

thejono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

Advertisement

I started taking two Colace's a day (200 mg total), one before breakfast, and one at 11 am, and I feel like a new person. However, my doctor says that he doesn't think colace does much of anything, which I thought was odd given my success.

Has anyone had success with Colace? 

#2 flossy

flossy

Very Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2145 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:45 PM

I started taking two Colace's a day (200 mg total), one before breakfast, and one at 11 am, and I feel like a new person. However, my doctor says that he doesn't think colace does much of anything, which I thought was odd given my success.

Yes, that is odd. Colace is docusate, nice and inexpensive. I used to take it before I started Intestinal Formula # 1.

Perhaps your doctor might be wanting to write you a prescription for Lizness or Amitiza, that's his angle? It's all big business, and doctors are a big part of that. Just a theory.

If docusate works good for ya? Honestly, that's all that matters. wink.png

#3 Hartigan

Hartigan

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:58 PM

Great stuff ! 

Anything that works - keep at it. 

If this ever changes or you want to change for any reason - I would say Miralax is a good option & flossy goes by IF number 1 smile.png . 

Good Luck.

#4 thejono

thejono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:25 AM

Yes, that is odd. Colace is docusate, nice and inexpensive. I used to take it before I started Intestinal Formula # 1.

Perhaps your doctor might be wanting to write you a prescription for Lizness or Amitiza, that's his angle? It's all big business, and doctors are a big part of that. Just a theory.

If docusate works good for ya? Honestly, that's all that matters. wink.png

That's a good point. It's super cheap, and doctor's aren't a fan of cheap. Ironically, I only started taking colace after another doctor recommended it. My digestive problems started to change over the course of two weeks. I normally have constipation mixed with anxiety, but now I have a pain that develops near my gallbladder and right next to my rib cage. It only occurs when I eat too much. I started taking 2 colace's a day, and stopped eating as much for breakfast and lunch (just eat a salad for lunch), and it's been working.

#5 thejono

thejono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 09:26 AM

Great stuff ! 

Anything that works - keep at it. 

If this ever changes or you want to change for any reason - I would say Miralax is a good option & flossy goes by IF number 1 smile.png . 

Good Luck.

I use Miralax occasionally, but it doesn't help with the pain or anxiety I get, and I've read some negative long term side effects of it. I also use Natural calm which works really well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: IBS-C, Constipation, Colace, laxative, laxatives

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here