What helped me - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

- - - - -

What helped me

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sgrent_*

Guest_sgrent_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2001 - 02:16 PM

Advertisement
I was diagnosed with IBS about 10 years ago. My life was terrible: always looking for a toilet, not going to public or busy places, diets that don't work, urgency and "accidents", etc. About 5 years ago I had gall bladder surgery and they gave me after that a medicine called Questran, which is for high cholesterol but a side effect is to absorb excess of acids in the digestive system, in this case excess of bile, and the IBS symptoms has basically dissapeared. I have been able to have a very normal life for the past several years but I have to take the Questran every single day... the day I don't take it I have an IBS episode ( in my case diarrhea and abdonminal pain ). Currenly I feel real free of taking my kids to places like parks and I am not constanly thingking about my guts and toilets and I eat anything I want ( including chocolate, cokes, spicy food etc.) and I feel great. I don't know if the Questran works for me as coincidence but I think it may be worth to see if it works on other patients with IBS. My life has gone from miserable to happy and worryfree thanks to Questran. I wish other people with IBS can benefit from this medication at least till a real cure if found but it seems nobody else have noticed this medicine can help. Hope this information be helpful. Silmara Grentz

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here