Good diets/losing weight with IBS? - Diet - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Good diets/losing weight with IBS?

Diet Weight Fatigue Weight loss Help Recommendations IBS-D

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shiraaz M

Shiraaz M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:13 AM

Advertisement
Hi all, I was diagnosed with IBS last year however my bowels have been a state for as long as I can remember! I recently started a new job (not long after I was diagnosed) and it is a lot less active than my previous job, however still somewhat active. Because of this I have put on weight and for the life of me cannot get it off! Very recently my bowels seem to have gotten worse and I thought they were bad before, this is causing stress, fatigue and leaving me almost depressed. Does anyone have any good recommendations on diets I can follow? Also good ways to exercise without triggering my IBS and how to work around my chronic fatigue? It's gotten to the point where I'm having somewhat dark thoughts and I don't know where to turn, plus not many people can really understand what it's like. It is IBS-D that I am suffering with might I add, any help or advice will be truly appreciated.

#2 Barney71

Barney71

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 12:49 PM

Truth be told considering the IBS losing weight may be very hard process and it's not something that you should try on yourself basing on a knowledge found in the internet without consulting the doctor. You should visit one and no matter the money, let him guide you through this process. Depends on how advanced you are, I would say it is definitely possible to do, but you have to step very cautiously here.

#3 Nat_London

Nat_London

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:29 PM

A low FODMAP diet may be your best bet - it helped me immensely (and is one of the standard things a GI doctor may advise for IBS). It's very restrictive if you aren't used to cutting things out but if you can be consistent with it for a couple months it may give you time to heal, and then you can start adding things back in to see what your true triggers are.

I have also heard that exercise is one of the best things to do with IBS - it almost always makes me feel better when I work out consistently. You might start with basic cardio like walking or using the elliptical. Yoga is also good. Cardio in particular seems to help with bloating. Weight training will also help increase your metabolism as you gain new muscle, which helps with weight loss. It can be tough losing weight with IBS because you feel like crap all the time, but it can definitely be done!

But again, can't hurt to talk with a doctor to be safe. But getting yourself on track with food and exercise could work wonders for your overall well being!

#4 DanaChambers

DanaChambers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 May 2018 - 12:54 AM

I would suggest you to take a weight loss diet. You can also do simple fat burning exercises that will help you in weight loss. Even you can take up activities like running or walking that burns calories. If you want, you can check this out to find about the livre minceur that will help in weight loss.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Diet, Weight, Fatigue, Weight loss, Help, Recommendations, IBS-D

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here