22 Yrs of IBS-D Halted with First Dose of Kratom - Page 3 - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

22 Yrs of IBS-D Halted with First Dose of Kratom

kratom IBS-D

• Please log in to reply
253 replies to this topic

#41 rayan17

rayan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

1.Is Kratom legal in nyc?
2.how can i get it?
3.Will it effect my driving?
4.How often do i have to take it?
Please help!I am in very bad position with ibs-d.

#42 dekkalife

dekkalife

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 October 2017 - 11:55 PM

I just wanted to comment on your Kratom experience.  I have had UC and IBS-D for many years.  A couple of years ago I discovered Tianeptine, which has anti-anxiety properties but also stopped my IBS-D for a long while.  I think Tianeptine and Kratom have an opiate effect on the gut, basically slowing things down like Viberzi does without the huge prescription cost.  Eventually, I found out I had histamine intolerance issues and benadryl alone and a reasonable diet has kept me in complete remission for over a year.  But I am glad to know of Kratom just in case I hit any rough patches.

I'd never heard of Tianeptine before so I just did a quick search. Based on what I've read so far, I'm confused why this drug isn't available in most English speaking countries. It's an atypical antidepressant that is used for depression, anxiety, asthma and IBS. It's a μ-opioid receptor agonist like Imodium and Viberzi, has strong anxiolytic effects without sedation, and has similar efficacy to amitriptyline, yet has significantly less side effects. It apparently also produces analgesic effects, without the risk of tolerance of withdrawal.

What the hell? This drug sound great.

• minimalizer, Tonylyn and Kofax like this

#43 boris_badenoff

boris_badenoff

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 11:30 AM

I did a lot of research on it and I honestly believe it is the best antidepressant out there with the least side effects.  And the non time released version works the best for IBS-D.

• minimalizer and Tonylyn like this

#44 Green Floyd

Green Floyd

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

1.Is Kratom legal in nyc?
2.how can i get it?
3.Will it effect my driving?
4.How often do i have to take it?
Please help!I am in very bad position with ibs-d.

1. Info I see today says, yes.

2. Suppliers can be found online. I can PM the address for the one I use if you would like. I would avoid the gas station and head shop kratom.

3. It could make you drowsy at certain dosage levels, red strains more so than others. Best to establish the correct dose and strain for you.

4. I'm taking it twice per day, due to my pain treatment. We (in this thread) are still looking to establish what dosage is needed to control IBS-D alone.

I would say try once per day for 3-4 days and see how it works for you. My friend takes it once every 4-5 days, only for pain in his hands and neck, he doesn't have IBS.

-------------------------------------------------

Boris Badenoff! Now there's a dude I haven't seen in a long, long time.

• rayan17 likes this

Kratom Tea Recipe

4-5oz cold water, 2 tablespoons sugar (optional), microwave on high 22 seconds

Add 3 level measuring teaspoons kratom, stir vigorously until blended (kratom will not dissolve)

Chug quickly because it tastes terrible, with awful texture!

Swish mouth with cold water.

https://insensebotanicals.com/ (plantation grown said to be stronger)

https://goldleafbotanicals.net/ (wild grown)

#45 rayan17

rayan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:16 PM

@Green Floyd Thank you for the fast reply.Please message me the Supplier information and any information i need to know.

#46 Hopeful Guy

Hopeful Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:25 AM

Hi Green Floyd, i wrote this in another article an writing here as well:

Hi guys. This is what wikipedia says about Opioids:

""Opioids are substances that act on opioid receptors to produce morphine-like effects.[2] Medically they are primarily used for pain relief, including anesthesia.[3] Other medical uses include suppression of diarrhea, treating opioid use disorder, reversing opioid overdose, suppressing cough, and suppressing opioid induced constipation.[3] Extremely potent opioids such as carfentanil are only approved for veterinary use.[4] Opioids are also frequently used non-medically for their euphoric effects or to prevent withdrawal.[5]""

The website http://www.mitragyna.com/usage talks about Kratom as below:

""First let’s take a quick look at how kratom works. Kratom contains a number of active components, so-called alkaloids, of which mitragynine is believed to be responsible for most of its effects. Mitragynine is an opioid agonist, meaning that it has an affinity for the opioid receptors in your brain. These receptors influence one’s mood and anxiety. Mitragynine binds to these receptors and improves your mood and gives a euphoric-like feeling, just like opiates such as heroin and opium.""

Also goes on to say:

""In traditional medicine, the Thai people use kratom to treat diarrhea.""

Also read this article regarding similarities regarding Opioids and Loperamide (Imodium). https://www.theatlan...imodium/522195/

So yes there is evidence that Opioids, sames as Imodium, help to suppress diarrhea. But as a long term solution i would suggest to keep trying to find out the root cause of the problem.

#47 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:20 AM

Diamine Oxidase Enzyme (DAO) for those deficient. Benadryl increases DAO by appx. 17%? I take Benadryl often for my stomach and since I found years ago to have illium inflammation;So, I have that along with colon spasms, GERD/Reflux and now joint aches. Kratom works pretty good for IBS and when that is helped, other things subside.

• boris_badenoff and Tonylyn like this

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#48 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:27 AM

I'd never heard of Tianeptine before so I just did a quick search. Based on what I've read so far, I'm confused why this drug isn't available in most English speaking countries. It's an atypical antidepressant that is used for depression, anxiety, asthma and IBS. It's a μ-opioid receptor agonist like Imodium and Viberzi, has strong anxiolytic effects without sedation, and has similar efficacy to amitriptyline, yet has significantly less side effects. It apparently also produces analgesic effects, without the risk of tolerance of withdrawal.

What the hell? This drug sound great.

https://en.wikipedia...wiki/Tianeptine

1/04/18: Pain's my main problem. IBS-D prone, but not with methylcellulose soluble non-gassy caplets still, 2 before anything eaten.  Also, 10C water/day (Have to if taking fiber supplement and soluble foods). Frequent, small and well chewed meals. No more salads, seeds or peel, whole grains, raw vegetables STILL. Have used in the past antispasmotics, low dose tricyclic anti-depressent (for ibs and inflammation)/both VERY drying even at low amounts and disorienting, CBD oil and IBgard's encapsulated peppermint (works better than older type enteric peppermint). Have occasional inflammation in illium at end of small intestine, but it was not crohns. Activated charcoal when needed for flatulence, simethicone only works on upper stomach area for upper gas (burping) right away btw, not flatulence at end of g.i. track. Tried Kratom, good but itchy and didn't prevent a flare up from eating a wrong foods. Raising dosage didn't kick down inflammation. Now back to being certified for (legally available here) medical high CBD Cannabis/Marijuana RSO (thick oil form), more expensive. I needed more anti-inflammitory help from the THC in regular cannabis oil, instead of just CBD oil.

#49 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 03:42 AM

I just wanted to comment on your Kratom experience.  I have had UC and IBS-D for many years.  A couple of years ago I discovered Tianeptine, which has anti-anxiety properties but also stopped my IBS-D for a long while.  I think Tianeptine and Kratom have an opiate effect on the gut, basically slowing things down like Viberzi does without the huge prescription cost.  Eventually, I found out I had histamine intolerance issues and benadryl alone and a reasonable diet has kept me in complete remission for over a year.  But I am glad to know of Kratom just in case I hit any rough patches.

Diamine Oxidase Enzyme (DAO) for those deficient to break down histamine, but expensive and was hard to get for a long while. Benadryl increases DAO by appx. 17%? I take Benadryl often for my stomach and since I was found years ago to have illium inflammation, found it helped there too I believe (somewhat). I can have that inflammation when gas really gets stuck from spasming and the GERD/Reflux and now joint aches. Kratom works pretty good for IBS and when that is helped, other things subside. Thanks so much for posting. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tianeptine

#50 Green Floyd

Green Floyd

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:53 AM

Well it's been 22 years and not one doctor has been able to find the cause of my IBS-D, always opting to attempt treatment of the symptoms, which has never worked. For now, I'll accept kratom as a long term solution, since it's working so well for me, and in so many ways.

What caused my IBS, I don't know and will probably never know. I was regular as clockwork, until the accident. I was on a farm tractor and was hit broadside by a large car traveling 50mph. I took a hard hit to my left side, which turned every color of the rainbow and then some. In three days I had double pneumonia. When I got back on my feet, I found I had IBS-D putting me in the restroom 29 times per day. 

Kratom Tea Recipe

4-5oz cold water, 2 tablespoons sugar (optional), microwave on high 22 seconds

Add 3 level measuring teaspoons kratom, stir vigorously until blended (kratom will not dissolve)

Chug quickly because it tastes terrible, with awful texture!

Swish mouth with cold water.

https://insensebotanicals.com/ (plantation grown said to be stronger)

https://goldleafbotanicals.net/ (wild grown)

#51 dekkalife

dekkalife

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 12:42 PM

Well it's been 22 years and not one doctor has been able to find the cause of my IBS-D, always opting to attempt treatment of the symptoms, which has never worked. For now, I'll accept kratom as a long term solution, since it's working so well for me, and in so many ways.

What caused my IBS, I don't know and will probably never know. I was regular as clockwork, until the accident. I was on a farm tractor and was hit broadside by a large car traveling 50mph. I took a hard hit to my left side, which turned every color of the rainbow and then some. In three days I had double pneumonia. When I got back on my feet, I found I had IBS-D putting me in the restroom 29 times per day. 

If it were bacterial pneumonia, your IBS could be the result of some presumably very strong antibiotics. At the same time, I'm sure there are many other things it could be.

So yes there is evidence that Opioids, sames as Imodium, help to suppress diarrhea. But as a long term solution i would suggest to keep trying to find out the root cause of the problem.

Treating the cause of any illness is preferable to masking symptoms, but at some point, if the cause can't be determined, people just need relief. I've had FMT which has so far helped, but there's no knowing that bacteria (or lack of) is the cause of my IBS.

#52 Hopeful Guy

Hopeful Guy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 18 October 2017 - 11:59 PM

If it were bacterial pneumonia, your IBS could be the result of some presumably very strong antibiotics. At the same time, I'm sure there are many other things it could be.

Treating the cause of any illness is preferable to masking symptoms, but at some point, if the cause can't be determined, people just need relief. I've had FMT which has so far helped, but there's no knowing that bacteria (or lack of) is the cause of my IBS.

yes true. anything that helps is worth pursuing.

#53 ga-peach

ga-peach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:30 AM

I'm interested in learning more about Kratom. I did some Google searches and there are a few talking about how it worked for a few weeks, then they had worse diarrhea from it. Maybe it was too high of a dose.

#54 rayan17

rayan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:04 PM

I'm interested in learning more about Kratom. I did some Google searches and there are a few talking about how it worked for a few weeks, then they had worse diarrhea from it. Maybe it was too high of a dose.

#55 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 10:11 PM

I make a simmered for 20 min. then filtered mang da green kratom tea out of it and it does NOT cause diarrhea. I've done a total 1.3g and 2g in 12-16oz water/day divided by 3x for at least 2 weeks. This lasts at least 6 hrs. Takes at least 30 min and before I eat mainly. I've even adjusted my calcium down. In my reading I've read about nausea, which I've experienced, until I adjusted my fiber up and that calcium down. I've also taken some ginger tea for a little nausea, for things moving slower. I am IBS-D (for 17 yrs.), so my upper GI track is not use to slower movement. I am in my 50s. I weigh 128 lbs. still, no immediate change. Search for any interactions, if you can find that information Don't get ultra enhanced kratom, which should be stated on container;Just try the basic kratom. Vein and stem removed kratom is going to be stronger too.

Edited by minimalizer, 26 October 2017 - 12:32 AM.

• ga-peach, rayan17 and Tonylyn like this

#56 rayan17

rayan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 04:57 PM

I bought red Kratom online,its on the way.But from what i am reading is that green is better for morning and red makes you sleepy and all,and better for evening .My question is can i try red in the morning to see if its helping with my ibs-d before buying green?I dont want to spend another $25 on green kratom before finding out if it will help me or not.It doesnt matter if it makes me sleepy or not i just need to know if it will do any good with my ibs-d

#57 rayan17

rayan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:21 PM

#58 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:41 PM

I bought red Kratom online,its on the way.But from what i am reading is that green is better for morning and red makes you sleepy and all,and better for evening .My question is can i try red in the morning to see if its helping with my ibs-d before buying green?I dont want to spend another $25 on green kratom before finding out if it will help me or not.It doesnt matter if it makes me sleepy or not i just need to know if it will do any good with my ibs-d

I have both, but like the energy of the green mang da as long as I don't take it too late in the evening. The red (mang da) anyway worked the same as the green mang da for me, just drowzier. You can still use that red in the evening, if you go to the green for the earlier daytime. If people have anxiety, the green might be to jittery, so one can MIX it with the red kratom. BUT, just having no IBS solved my being more anxious. I haven't tried the red bali or other reds. There is enough alkaloids in the green to be effective for my IBS, which had been severe spasming, diarrhea and pain in the last 17 yrs. Just know, kratom can be constipating, so may need to adjust water, fiber... I'm going at least 2X/day, but I am not finding I need much. One thing I read is to not go above 5g (yet some go higher for other ailments) and go off it occasionally to keep from becoming tolerant. Best to increase by only

point .5g at a time, which is a lil less than 1/4 tsp (depends on which variety), a good rule for any thing tried-so start small. Who knows if you're allergic. This is anecdotal, so go low and slow at least.

#59 minimalizer

minimalizer

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 05:43 PM

Edited by minimalizer, 27 October 2017 - 05:08 PM.

#60 rayan17

rayan17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 07:17 PM

I have both, but like the energy of the green mang da as long as I don't take it too late in the evening. The red (mang da) anyway worked the same as the green mang da for me, just drowzier. You can still use that red in the evening, if you go to the green for the earlier daytime. If people have anxiety, the green might be to jittery, so one can MIX it with the red kratom. BUT, just having no IBS solved my being more anxious. I haven't tried the red bali or other reds. There is enough alkaloids in the green to be effective for my IBS, which had been severe spasming, diarrhea and pain in the last 17 yrs. Just know, kratom can be constipating, so may need to adjust water, fiber... I'm going at least 2X/day, but I am not finding I need much. One thing I read is to not go above 5g (yet some go higher for other ailments) and go off it occasionally to keep from becoming tolerant. Best to increase by only
point .5g at a time, which is a lil less than 1/4 tsp (depends on which variety), a good rule for any thing tried-so start small. Who knows if you're allergic. This is anecdotal, so go low and slow at least.

I only ordered RED MD.As soon i see any positive result i will order green.Do you still have that urgency like normal ibs-d patients do like you have to run to the bathroom right away or would you say you can go outside without having to worry about the bathroom after taking it?Please excuse me for too many questions its just i am so excited to hear people seeing positive results with Kratom,i want to know and hear more.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: kratom, IBS-D

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here