IBS worse after antibiotics - Your Story - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo
- - - - -

IBS worse after antibiotics

ibs anxiety cdiff confused

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 hannahstewart

hannahstewart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:47 PM

Advertisement

I've had IBS symptoms for years but was never diagnosed.  On July 22nd, I started Cephalexin for a suspected uti. The diarrhea seemed usual like i always had it. After I noticed a normal stool that had white clumps in it, I got really suspicious. I googled up what it could mean and I came across c diff, which has done nothing but gave me anxiety. I started eating less and made myself feel nauseous from the thought of having it. I was having bowel movements around 4 to 5 times a day. I went to the emergency room and they took my blood and urine. They said they didn't think it was c diff and that my symptoms relate more to IBS. I felt relieved for a day there. I started getting paranoid again. I tried consuming more food than I have been for the past week and my stools have now been filled with a lot of mucus. So much more than I've noticed before. It's giving me really bad anxiety to where I don't want to eat anymore. My stools go from loose to watery. For example, I ate a few pizza rolls earlier and after like 5 to 10 minutes I had to immediately use the bathroom and it was watery with mucus. I also feel I'm having mucus discharging down there. I'm not sure what to do. I'm scared of c diff and I need some advice. I can't just call a doctor because I'm uninsured. I would have to go to the hospital if I think something is wrong. Has anyone else had this issue? Any information is helpful. I'm tired of being scared sad.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ibs, anxiety, cdiff, confused

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here