Remedies archive. Share links to your posts about what has helped you. - Page 2 - IBS Diarrhea (IBS-D) - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Remedies archive. Share links to your posts about what has helped you.

remediescures help

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Magster

Magster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 01:57 PM

I have been inconsistent with Heathers Tummy Fiber acacia root. But when I do take it - it is a great alternative to Imodium. It does stop diarrhea. I do 1/2 tsp to 1 tsp and shake in container of 8 Oz water or quality juice.

Im on the road to check TCM accupuncture and herbs as well

Im so sad Im now an IBS-D. For 23 yrs I thought IBS-C was bad. And was SO happy I didnt have D.

Well for 2 years as expected, Diarrhea is by far more destructive - unhealthy and life altering.

And I see more desperation in this thread.
😎

#22 mellosphere

mellosphere

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 09:16 PM

Yep Im desperate and very open about it. It has made me live my life in a very certain and inflexible way.

#23 Katiep1990

Katiep1990

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 May 2018 - 01:41 AM

Hello,
I am very new to forums but felt like a I had to join once I found something that helped to ease my IBS . I am a sufferer of over ten years. With it bringing anxiety depressions and many awkward and embarrassing situations. It got to the point a few months ago where EVERY food triggered my IBS. I have previously tried many diet regimes. I went back to the doctors and has NUMEROUS blood tests, only for them all to come back OK. I dont like taking medications and I very much prefer attempting a lifestyle change. I have managed to meet in the middle and settle on vitamins. I have had ONE tummy upset since taking these vitamins and that was during my period when my symptoms overlap anyway. Other than this I have had NO symptoms for over two months now! I actually got to eat at my wedding last week! I just want to say I am no health professional, and Im yet to run this by a doctor, but it has helped me massively and I couldnt wait to share my good news (I did forget to take them a few days after my wedding and I did have a bout of IBS. So I believe consistency is key). (I also have bad skin linked to the anxiety and this cleared that up too!)
I take every morning:
2 Kalms
1 Peppermint oil tablet
1 20billion friendly bacteria (acidophilus - Holland and Barrett)

I believe those are the ones helping my stomach, but I also take vitamin E and calcium (with vitamin D) which has cleared up my acne too)

If I am having a heavy meal, or a meal that would has previously sent my stomach in to turmoil; I do take another peppermint oil and kalms after. However most days I stick to just my morning routine.
After years of this horrible illness I do feel almost cured and got so excited to tell others. I have a check up with the doctors soon, I will be asking that this is OK for me to be taking daily, however it is the lowest dose of each and has cleared up my symptoms so I dont see why not. I do generally eat healthy and exercise, but even on days of binge this method has helped.
I really hope I can help others.

#24 Xmasnoelle26

Xmasnoelle26

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 May 2018 - 07:18 PM

I have no proof or links to attach. But. My mom and I both have IBSD really badly.
One day we started taking berberine supplements and it has helped so much! The problem isn't gone, but it helps with the stomach pain and episodes don't come as often as they had before. I still have diarhea and fairly often but the stomach pain isn't there so I can manage till I have a chance to find a bathroom

#25 Lorelei56

Lorelei56

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 27 June 2018 - 07:06 AM

I have found out I have severe food sensitivities to salicylates, sulfites, and fructose, which rule out most fruits and veggies for me, alas.  I have a whole list of meds/supplements that seem to work for me:

Bile sequesters (Prevalite)

Anticholinergic cramp calmer (methscopalamine)

Low-dose naltrexone (2 mg/day)

Zenpep digestive enzyme

L-glutamine

Calcium gluconate (sequesters ammonia in the blood and helps with food sensitivities)

GABA

MSM

Zinc gluconate

Potassium gluconate

Magnesium glycinate (the only kind of Mg I can take without it causing D)

Granted, that's a lot of stuff to shove down your throat but somehow, this combination has allowed me to live a semi-normal life. I still have pain and a very active gut in the morning but it seems to calm down after a couple of hours and I can get through the day most days. Plus avoiding foods that I know will set me off.  Hope this helps someone!

#26 Mibls

Mibls

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:53 AM

Not IBS-d but very similar symptoms so you may get some members here searching for answers. If you have diarrhea and stomach ulcers, but no H-pylori then you should get tested for gastrinoma. The diarrhea can be fixed with ranitidine so this very often goes unnoticed for years

#27 rvz

rvz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:43 AM

What works for me. IBS-D

IBS-D is all about fiber and carbs and not enough stomach acid,witch contributors to undigested food getting eaten by bad bacteria

Intermittent fasting 1-2 meals a day,low fiber

To not get loose stools you need to cut all fiber and carbs out for few days and the slowly reintroduce fiber after you inflammation in intestines have come down and can again digest fiber,also stomach acid is key,so intermittent fasting helps to stomach acid to build up,also too much fat in diet dilutes stomach acid and i get more allergic to foods on high fat diet,so you need to find the sweet pot between fiber and fats

Bacteria live on fiber and carbs,if you have unhealthy bacteria/candida they eat fiber too ,so that the reason you need to cut fiber for few days and the reintroduce but very slowly (listen to your gut response to food)

Supplements that actually worked for me,i felt results from

Betaine HCL 3-5  capsules per meal

Probiotcs

Glutamine

Oregano oil

#28 Athan

Athan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 29 May 2019 - 01:29 PM

To administrator : Sorry about the post. I just saw the recommendation for avoiding discussions here. Please feel free to delete this post.

Just curious, but how did you find out about sulfites ?

I suspect of having a big problem with these myself !!

I have found out I have severe food sensitivities to salicylates, sulfites, and fructose, which rule out most fruits and veggies for me, alas.  I have a whole list of meds/supplements that seem to work for me:

Bile sequesters (Prevalite)

Anticholinergic cramp calmer (methscopalamine)

Low-dose naltrexone (2 mg/day)

Zenpep digestive enzyme

L-glutamine

Calcium gluconate (sequesters ammonia in the blood and helps with food sensitivities)

GABA

MSM

Zinc gluconate

Potassium gluconate

Magnesium glycinate (the only kind of Mg I can take without it causing D)

Granted, that's a lot of stuff to shove down your throat but somehow, this combination has allowed me to live a semi-normal life. I still have pain and a very active gut in the morning but it seems to calm down after a couple of hours and I can get through the day most days. Plus avoiding foods that I know will set me off.  Hope this helps someone!

#29 Gutted66

Gutted66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 12:02 PM

As an accompaniment to my regular prescribed medications I find a product called Prelief(some kind of calcium supplement and marketed for bladder problems) actually helps calm down a flare. Not a cure by any means but I guess it acts a little similar to the calcium supplements recommended on here. I found regular calcium not to be very helpful but this product more tolerable. Don't take too many as they can cause a few problems.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remediescures, help

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here