Wiki - Leaky Gas (LG) / Incontinence / Odor - IBS Self Help and Support Group Forums - IBSgroup.org
Advertisement

Photo

Wiki

wiki research information

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Candide

Candide

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 24 August 2017 - 03:11 PM

Advertisement

Wikipedia draft 'Fecal body odor'

Currently a draft awaiting a review and approval. I have been informed a review can take up to three weeks, some users are assigned to review the oldest drafts, so it will be reviewed eventually. I was inspired by moor_91.

The topic, like fecal incontinence, is not watched by many so suggestions and discussions take a lot of time. Feel free to add content if you feel like anything is missing, but make sure you have sources. Sources on just flatulance incontinence are scarce because most research is done on just fecal incontinence.

I support the idea of certain exercises improving the condition and there being a difference between flatulance and intestinal smell, but we don't really have references as of yet. Maybe we can figure something out, like getting some kind of gastrologist to publish personal results to an open platform. There are people from the medical world that are part of supporting the fecal incontinence article, so maybe the same can happen to the FBO article.

Long term goals:

• Informing new sufferers
  • Gain acknowledgement
  • Increase chance of research

Currently working on:

Future goals:

• Infiltrate in medical research instution (getting a degree)
  • Self research (trying things and testing with an airpurifier and/or manometer)

• TheCarl, PokerFace and mantaray like this

#2 Candide

Candide

Prolific Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

• IBS Penpal

Posted 16 September 2017 - 01:51 PM

Update on this project.

There may be no Wikipedia article on FBO as there is barely any secondary resource that focuses just on this issue. Wikipedians have thus pointed out that it is not encyclopedic and is most likely not viable. A secondary source is basically when a trustworthy author refers to a research from a trustworthy researcher in the field. At least this is how I understand it. So we could better use some other platform that is less strict.

On another note, I found this:

Around 1886, Senn successfully tested the diagnosis of gastrointestinal perforation by inflation with hydrogen gas. Senn used a rubber balloon connected to a rubber tube inserted in his anus to pump 4 US gallons (15 L) of hydrogen gas into his intestinal tract. An assistant sealed the tube by squeezing the anus against it. The hydrogen was inserted by squeezing the balloon while monitoring the pressure on a manometer. Senn had previously carried out this experiment on dogs to the point of rupturing the intestine.[8]

huh.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wiki, research, information

Advertisement

About Us | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Disclaimer | Terms of Service | Crisis Resources

Irritable Bowel Syndrome |  Inflammatory Bowel Disease |  Crohn's Disease |  Ulcerative Colitis |  Fibromyalgia |  GERD - Reflux Disease

©Copyright 1995-2016 IBS Self Help and Support Group All rights reserved

This website is certified by Health On the Net Foundation. Click to verify. We comply with the HONcode standard for trustworthy health information: verify here